1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

An Interesting Article

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by The Shoe Fairy, May 30, 2011.

1. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Heralde, precisely the problem. Not all kids are the same, I don't want to sound elitist but some people I know I'd never trust with a gun, regardless of age.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

No offense to those who are, but Mormons scare me... I mean sure, God wants us to marry and procreate, yadda-yadda-yadda, but gee whiz people, when number of your kids grows into the 20s (19 Kids and Counting), that's just... oy... ><

Off-topic, but when the storms knocked out our power last month, and I was listening to the John Tesh Radio Show, he said that statistically, compared to the 40s and 50s, families with an only child are the new norm, whereas larger families are on the decline (mostly thanks to the economy and such).
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I believe that family's conservative Baptist actually.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

At least you got the point.
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yes, I do get what your critique was. Just wanted to make sure it was clear what group that family is representing. ;)

I mean they seem like a nice family, nice people. I don't agree with their views on women's roles in the world. And I think the wife is needlessly risking her life by having more children at this point. Obviously they have their own show because they are unusual and extreme. I wish them well, I'm just concerned at the same time.