An old VH1 Sesame Street Music Special...

mbmfrog

Reaction score
You know I was wondering why didn't VH1 did a Music Special on Sesame Street during their 40th anniversary last year, and now I found out that they did one already back in the '00s.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Greatest_TV_Moments:_Sesame_Street_Music_A-Z

MAke me wonder why didnt' they UPDATED IT and reaired it last year ? :frown:

Also for those wondering why I placed upon this section of the fourms is due to SS appearance in the special.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I never would have thought they'd needed an updated version of that special for the 40th anniversary. Considering the format of that special (focusing primarily on celebrity performances, and in alphabetical order), the only things made since then that I'd feel really belong are Nora Jones' "Don't Know Y", Feist's "1,2,3,4", and maybe Jason Mraz's "Outdoors". Of course since we're talking about how that should or should not have been updated for last season, I didn't mention Will.I.Am's "What I Am" (or Katy Perry's "Hot and Cold").

There are other kinds of themed documentary Sesame Street specials I'd have liked to have seen for the anniversary. Like a mini-series on each decade of the show, or a documentary about the main Muppet performers (at least the ones from the early 1970s), or a special focusing on the show's animated segments (and film inserts), or even a special about Sesame Street specials (perhaps that coudl have been a way to see clips from rare specials like Out to Lunch, The Jean Marsh Cartoon Special, and Sesame Street All-Star 25th Birthday: Stars and Street Forever!).

But if there were another documentary special on Sesame Street music, I'd like it to focus on a lot more than just celebrity numbers. Devote sections to some of the show's most popular songs (the theme, Rubber Duckie, C is for Cookie, Bein' Green, Sing, and maybe The People in Your Neighborhood and What's the Name of That Song? would be most important to give focus on), mini-biographical sections on Joe Raposo and Jeff Moss (and Christopher Cerf, Sara Compton, and Sam Pottle, but those first two are more important), some of the best celebrity performances and/or focus on celebrities who made multiple musical appearances (James Taylor, Lena Horne, Ray Charles), and some of the best recent Sesame Street songs (D-Dance, 1234, Because We're Friends, A Cookie is a Sometime Food). Maybe also a section devoted to Sesame Street albums.