An Open Letter To Brian Henson

Steve Arino

Reaction score
Dear Brian,

My name is Steve Arino, and first off, let me mention to you what a HUGE fan I am of The Jim Henson Company as well as your dad Jim's various Puppet creations; that being said, I humbly propose and suggest that The Jim Henson Company strike a deal with The Walt Disney Company for Disney to firmly own The Jim Henson Company for all Eternity effective September 7, 2021.

As part of its ownership of The Jim Henson Company, Disney (which as you know has owned The Muppets since February 2004) shall start, beginning September 7, 2021, issuing Classic Jim Henson Company productions on Blu Ray and DVD as well as Ultra 4HD under Jim Henson Home Entertainment.

Among other Classic Jim Henson Company properties Disney shall issue on Home Entertainment (again as Jim Henson Home Entertainment) include:

1. Fraggle Rock: The Complete Collection -- All 96 live-action half-hour episodes AND all 13 animated half-hour episodes of Jim Henson's hit '80s creation "Fraggle Rock" shall be issued on Blu Ray, Ultra 4HD, AND DVD, with Dozens of NEW Bonus Features to-be-determined e.g. Fraggle Interviews.

2. The Jim Henson Hour: The Complete Series -- All 13 hours of "The Jim Henson Hour" shall be available for the first time EVER on DVD, including the original Unaired Pilot AND an episode NEVER before seen in the U.S.A.

3. Labyrinth: 35th Anniversary Edition -- Tentatively, Jim Henson Home Entertainment shall issue, for the first time EVER on Ultra 4HD, "Labyrinth: 35th Anniversary Edition" on Tuesday, September 7, 2021 at a cost of ONLY $19.99 wherever Home Media is sold. The movie, a joint venture between LucasFilm, Jim Henson and Tri-Star Pictures (a Sony Company), starred David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly, respectively, and shall be lovingly restored by Disney, which shall issue "Labyrinth: 35th Anniversary Edition" on Ultra 4HD with Dozens of Bonus Features, including a Direct-to-Blu Ray featurette called "David Bowie Remembered," a featurette on the life and legacy of David Bowie featuring clips from "Labyrinth" as well as MANY of his Music Videos e.g. "Modern Love."

As I'm sure you know, Brian, just before your dad died, he was in the process of selling off his old Muppet characters to Disney (as would eventually happen in 2004), but unfortunately, the sale fell apart soon after he died; thankfully, in December 1991, just before Christmas, The Walt Disney Company (according to The New York Times) purchased The Jim Henson Company (then officially called Jim Henson Productions) for $150 million, with Jim Henson Productions becoming a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company until Disney sold Henson back to the Henson family, with German company EM.TV purchasing Henson in the year 2000 (as I recently learned here from user minor-muppetz); after EM.TV went bankrupt, as you know, Brian, you and your sisters and late brother bought back the company before selling the Muppets back to Disney in 2004.

With Disney re-acquiring ownership of The Jim Henson Company, I truly believe, Brian, that it'll culminate a deal 30 + years in the making, and as part of Disney's ownership, I suggest that you and your sisters Lisa, Cheryl and Heather become Board of Directors for Disney as well as work on exciting new projects with AND for Disney just like when Disney first owned Henson in the 1990s.

Sincerely,
Steve Arino

datman24

Reaction score
No. Disney has barely done much in re-releasing any of the older Muppet programs, what makes you think they will do anything with the other Muppet/Jim Henson content?

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Steve, why do you think Disney should buy everything in the world? Because everyone else on here (myself included) says no.

Also, what makes you think Brain would read this? I doubt he’d want to sell the company to Disney, especially since they’ve already done and are doing some projects with competitors.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Wouldn’t you stand a better chance of finding Brian Henson’s business address (I believe he has an office in LA, and no, I don’t know where it is) than posting a thread here? If he never logs on, how will ever see it?

There’s been a Fraggle box set released about 15 years ago. You can pick one up on Amazon.

I think the Henson family was not on the best terms with Disney, so I don’t think they’d be that gung-ho to deal with Disney again.

And Disney is not the same company as it was in the Eisner days.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It’s like asking Frank Oz’s children (he has four from his first marriage)
GET YOUR DAD TO DO PIGGY’S VOICE AGAIN!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And Disney is not the same company as it was in the Eisner days.
And let us not forget that Eisner was a slippery little snake himself, which is partly why JHC isn't on the best terms with Disney.