An Unlikely Reunion (The Muppets)

Powerstars

Reaction score
Okay, this is my first fanfic, so please give constructive criticism. Expect at least one chapter per week.

Chapter One: A Rough Week.
It had been a long week for Kermit The Frog. After the Muppets got back together,
he had organized another show to follow the telethon. All the while, Miss Piggy wanted
to go on a date, and when he had said no, Miss Piggy threatened to go back to Paris if he
didn't take her on a fancy dinner that very night, Monday night, the night before the
show. It wasn't even out of the planning stages yet. But Piggy had made up her mind.
So, Kermit was forced to date Piggy, much to his dismay. And so the show was mostly ad-libbed.
There were quite a few disasters that night, such as Muppet Labs. Bunsen had decided to
build a different kind of teleportation device, without Kermit knowing, due to the
disastrous nature of the last one. This time, it was an early prototype. A standard one
as you would see in Sci-Fi films. One cylinder shaped device on one side, one on the other.
But, Dr. Honeydew mistakenly left a previous Muppet Labs experiment in the device
opposite Beaker: edible paperclips. So, Beaker became chewier, and more delicious
looking somehow. And, unfortunately for Beaker, Bobo, the security guard, had not had lunch that day. They had to wait for nature to take it's course. On Wednesday, Kermit
got some sort of cold, and took the day off. Unfortunately for him, a certain furry, blue salesman was looking to sell cold medicine. Kermit bought it, mainly to get Grover off
his back, only to find out that it actually had a reverse effect: It made colds worse. So,
on Thursday, Kermit was sick in bed all day. On Friday, when his cold didn't improve,
he decided to go see a doctor. Little did he know that he had met this doctor somewhere before, and that he was also up to Grover's "Cold Medicine."
TO BE CONTINUED...maybe even today...

Powerstars

Reaction score
Here we go again! In the same night, here comes Chapter 2!

Chapter 2: The Surprise Of Your Life
"Hi-Ho" said Kermit. "I've made an appointment."
"Yes, Mister The Frog, I'll send you in right away," said the desk nurse, and with that, Kermit went to see the doctor. The familiar doctor. He'd seen him somewhere before. Kermit couldn't help but wonder where. For some reason, he reminded Kermit of when the Muppets first got together.
"Hi-Ho, Doctor...um...Doctor..." The doctor could see Kermit was befuddled, so he helped him out.
"Doctor...um...Doctor Hopper...yes, yes...uh...Doctor Hopper. I uh, love working with frogs..." The doctor let out a quiet little chuckle, which increased in volume by the second.
"Oh, pleased to meet you Mister Hopper. My name is Kermit. Kermit The Frog. I came in because I seem to have come down with some sort of cold." Kermit decided to take the opportunity to see if he knew this person. "Say, have we met before, you, uh, seem sort of familiar."
The doctor seemed panicked. "Oh, uh, no, no, uh, but, I've seen you on the TV before, Mister The Frog, yes, so, um, I'd be glad to help you out, um, in, uh, any, uh, anyway I can, yes."
"Oh good." Kermit sneezed.
"Gazuntite."
"Thanks."
"So," Doctor Hopper said in a strangely quiet voice, "shall we get started?"
"Sure, Mister Hopper. Thank you." Kermit and Doctor Hopper walked into the room and, out of nowhere, Doctor Hopper slammed the door shut. It was a small room, or course, so Kermit was a bit frightened.
"Alright," said Doctor Hopper, with an odd smirk on his face, "let's get started." "Before we check on your cold, we need to check your blood pressure and reflexes. Why don't we start with your reflexes...SHALL WE!?!?!" Kermit flinched. He was getting a bad vibe from this "Doctor Hopper." The not-so-good doctor took out the miniature hammer and hit Kermit's knee, perhaps a bit too hard. Kermit's flipper flipped up with an almost splash-like sound. Doctor Hopper hit the other and it did much of the same. "Your reflexes are alright, now we check your blood pressure." Doctor Hopper had trouble getting the device on Kermit's arm at first, but when he did, Kermit checked out alright. "So," asked the "doctor," "what sort of symptoms have you experienced with your cold.
"Well, Doc, I, um..." Kermit stopped. Doc. Doctor Hopper. Doc. Doctor Doc? No, wait. Oh, it'll come to me later, thought Kermit. "It's mainly been a sore throat, and I haven't really been feeling like myself lately."
"I see..."
Same eyes, though Kermit, same face, almost that same grin...
"...well, Kermit, I'd say you'd have a case of...," Doctor Hopper's voice rose suddenly and without warning "...MIND CONTROL!!!" Kermit whimpered a bit. "That's right, Frog, you're under my control now. You do know me. I'm DOC HOPPER!!!"

TO BE CONTINUED!!!

Chapter 3 will be mainly Doc Hopper explaining how he got to this point, and we'll peek in on the other Muppets maybe.

Powerstars

Reaction score
Here we go again. This'll be finished pretty quick if I work this fast.

Chapter 3: Saving Froggy Kermit

"B-b-but how?" Kermit studdered in a loud, obivously frightened voice.
"You see, FROG!!!" Kermit whimpered and inched back in his seat. "Since that furry friend of your's scared me off, I knew I couldn't confront you dead-on. So, I went into hiding with Max. But then, Max quit, and said I was doing the 'wrong thing'. I studied medicene for years, so I could get you to do my television commercial. Then, I found you, and stalked you for, oh, about a month now. I found that a furry, blue pain in the neck was constantly trying to sell you things. So I mixed some MIND CONTROL SYRUM!!! He still think I'm a NICE old man!!!" Doc Hopper was standing now, but still going on. "So, after all these years, I'm finally gonna sell some frog legs."
Meanwhile, the Muppets were just getting home from the theater. The job was really a drag without Kermit. Rowlf, Gonzo, Fozzie, Piggy, Floyd, Animal, and Walter decided to give Kermit a "Get Well Soon" card. It was the least they could do. However, they were greeted with a note on his door, "Sorry, I cannot engage in buisness at this present time. I have a cold, and I've gone to the Doctor's. If it's urgent ("URGENT, URGENT!!!" echoed Animal), I should be back at 12, noon."
"Oh, Kermit will be back at 12," said Fozzie, casually. "12!?!?! But, but, it's 1:00!!! What are we gonna do!?!?!"
"My Kermie! Gone!?!?!" said You Know Who.
"Desprite times call for desprite measures," said Floyd, calm and cool, "let's get the bus!"
Floyd got the bus out quietly, because, if he hadn't, the rest of the band would've come, and, while he loved Janice, she and Dr. Teeth would be too loud for this sort of thing. So they drove off.
"Uh, Floyd," asked Fozzie, "where are we going anyways?"
"Well, where did the frog say he'd be?"
"The doctor's, but..."
"Then, that's where we're goin'," Floyd interupted. Then, he crashed through the front of the Doctor's Office.
"Y'know," said Rowlf, all too calm for the situation at hand, "you could've just parked and then used the door." Floyd actually looked offended by this, as if it wasn't hip enough. All of a sudden, the gang heard a scream. A distinctly female scream.
"Nice going, you hairy hipster," screeched Piggy, "you've wrecked moi's beautiful hair!"
"Well, sor-ry, Miss In-Love-With-A-Frog!"
Then, Gonzo spoke, "Guys."
"What's that supposed to mean, you filthy hippy!?!? HUH!?!?!"
Then Fozzie, "Guys?"
"Well, you go flippers for him!" Floyd laughed at his own joke.
Then Walter, "Guys!"
"Hiiii-YAH!!!" And with that, Floyd went straight to the back of the bus, screaming all the while. Everyone was silent, even the desk nurse, since she had a heart attack. It was Animal who broke the silence.
"GUYS!!! GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!! GUUUUUUYS!!!!"
Then, Floyd got up, almost as if he had never been harmed. "What is it Animal?" Animal pointed to a particular square on the floor. No ordinary square, but one that said 'Trap Door.'
"Oh," said Gonzo, "how conviniant. Kermit must be in there."
"How do you know?" asked Fozzie, politely.
"I don't, but imagine how much fun it would be to try it. I might even fracture a bone or two!"
There was a collective facepalm.
"Well," Walter hesitated, "we...we could try it."
"I'm going with Walter! We have to save Kermit!" Fozzie cheered, "who's with us?"
Everyone but Gonzo stepped back, "Well, it's great oppourtunity for a stunt!"
Rowlf stepped forward, "I'm in."
Animal stepped in, dragging Floyd with him, "ME TOO!!! ME TOO!!!"
"Me three, I guess," Floyd said reluctantly.
Then, Piggy stepped in, "Moi is in!"
"Great, we can go right away!" trumpted Walter. Everyone started cheering.
"Even if it means we could be killed!" celebrated Fozzie. Everyone stopped. "What?"
So, they went to the trap door.
"So, uh," started Rowlf, "how do we open it?"

TO BE CONTINUED!!!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Uh-oh! I hope the Muppets save Kermit. I am getting impatient and I am waiting for more story pleaseeeeeeeeeeee.

Powerstars

Reaction score
Uh-oh! I hope the Muppets save Kermit. I am getting impatient and I am waiting for more story pleaseeeeeeeeeeee.
Sorry, I'll try and continue it later today. It would be nice if I could get feedback a bit more often, though.

Powerstars

Reaction score
Chapter 4: Wah Wah Waaaaah!

The Muppets tried nearly everything to open the trap door, but it wouldn't budge. They even let Animal off of his leash and it did nothing. Eventually, an hour had gone by, and they still hadn't opened it . They were getting desperate.
"Oh please!" said you-know-who. "Let moi show you how it's done." Miss Piggy walked towards the tile ever so slowly. And then her weight caused the tile to bust. She slid down a secret slide of some sort as the other Muppets followed.
"No, no, no, you're doing it all wrong!" ranted a voice on another side of the hospital. "It goes like this 'Get Doc Hopper's French Fried Frog Legs. They're delicious and nutrious.' Then, I sing and you dance. You hear me, frog boy? DANCE!!!" Kermit flipped up his flippers againest his own free will. One frog's pain, is a another man's commercial. Eventually, Kermit kicked too high and hit himself in the face. Then, he snapped back to his senses, but he still felt weak.
"Ouch," whimpered Kermit. Kermit heard a gasp, so he turned to the source of the sound. Then, he gasped himself. "IT'S DOC HOPPER!!!" This could be heard from an entirely different side of the hospital.
"Did he say 'Flop Mopper?'"
"No, no, no, he said 'Gobstoppers!'"
"Wait!" This sudden screech came from Walter, and stopped any argument of what this mysterious voice was saying. "It doesn't matter what they said: It's who said it!" All the Muppets immediately knew what Walter meant, and simmeltaniously shouted.
"Kermit!"
"Right! Now we have to go find him!"
"Wait a minute," said Rowlf. "I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but, um...where did the sound come from?" And so, the Muppets were delayed by another argument.
Kermit had retained all the knowledge of what Doc Hopper said to him before the mind control occoured, so he wasn't taking anymore "cold medicene." It was a chase now, and Kermit was feeling ill, so he had to rely on hiding...in the broom closet. Lucky for him, Doc Hopper isn't the brightest crayon in the box. So he continued going down the halls wildly, bumping into every passing by-stander. Kermit peered out the door, and when the oppourtunity was right, he bolted out the front, unseen.
"So, this was where the voice was coming from, huh?" questioned Piggy, standing among the other Muppets in the room where Kermit had been only minutes before.
"Well guys," said Walter, "we gotta keep looking. Kermit is in here somewhere."

Misskermie

Reaction score
Wow, I read all of this, and I'm hoping Kermit is alright. This story is going quite well.
*Leaves banana muffin*