And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Some of them do. Usually it's just tweaks so that it's more easy to understand, so while some of them do, most don't. (At least that's what I've seen.)
I use to go to a church called King James Bible Baptist Church.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I too have noticed there's a particular fondness for the KJV Bible - particularly among older generations such as my parents. Mine is ESV, but it's what was given to the graduating class by our youth director . . . and I must confess, I notice there is quite a bit of simplicity and watering down in it, and some things appear to be altered altogether.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I too have noticed there's a particular fondness for the KJV Bible - particularly among older generations such as my parents. Mine is ESV, but it's what was given to the graduating class by our youth director . . . and I must confess, I notice there is quite a bit of simplicity and watering down in it, and some things appear to be altered altogether.
What is the ESV Version.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Fair enough if you like him, but why do you need him to be THAT good? And what has he done to indicate he will live up to such a high expectation?
Well, it was typed with tongue firmly planted in cheek. I do think it is pretty silly though for some to judge President Trump's term only 30 days in. At this point, President Trump could cure cancer and some would complain that he is taking work away from the undertakers.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I do think it is pretty silly though for some to judge President Trump's term only 30 days in.
Well it's not like he's some kind of shrinking violent; his antics are hard to ignore. And at 70 years old, he pretty much is what he is. I don't think he's going to grow out of Tweeting when the press says something mean about him. And I'm concerned about that ban of his, specifically that he didn't seem to understand where previous terror threats actually came from. And he still seems to be in campaign mode, why in the world is he thinking about 2020 already? Don't get me wrong, in many ways, Obama never left campaign mode either.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, it was typed with tongue firmly planted in cheek.
Maybe throw in a few :stick_out_tongue:s or :wink:s from time to time - I know I've had to do that from time to time due to miscommunication regarding whether a post serious or sarcastic.

But hey, MuppetsRule, I'm curious to hear your opinion about something: after Trump's press conference yesterday (yes, I confess I found it to be a trainwreck and painful to watch), it wasn't any surprise to me that Fox News were just gushing about his performance, saying that was so "real and authentic," and that he "related to the American people" and did so by "going after the rude and hostile reporters by putting them in their place." Except that, now, one Fox News reporter is actually lashing back out at Trump for his behavior on the grounds that the reporters weren't hostile in attacking him, but rather, he was rudely hostile with the reporters by attacking them for doing their job the way they were supposed to. In addition to that, now a bunch of Trump Supporters are calling for the removal of said Fox News reporter for calling Trump out on his behavior and that Fox News should remove him immediately and replace him with someone who wouldn't dare disrespct the . . . leader, for lack of better words I won't use.

So, in hopes of a more mature and civilized (and probably still just as tongue-in-cheek) manner, as someone who made it clear they support Trump no matter what, how, exactly, do you feel about this little impasse? Who do you feel was rude to the other - the media to Trump, or vice-versa? Similarly, what about the Fox News reporter's comments about Trump's misbehavior at the conference and attacking media for doing their job? And even so, who do you feel is in the right? The reporter for trying to tell it like it is, or Trump's supporters for needing to remove him from the network for being disgrace the dict, I mean Trump?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
one Fox News reporter is actually lashing back out at Trump for his behavior on the grounds that the reporters weren't hostile in attacking him, but rather, he was rudely hostile with the reporters by attacking them for doing their job the way they were supposed to. In addition to that, now a bunch of Trump Supporters are calling for the removal of said Fox News reporter for calling Trump out on his behavior and that Fox News should remove him immediately and replace him with someone who wouldn't dare disrespct the . . . leader, for lack of better words I won't use.
I saw that just now, that reporter was great! I hope she doesn't lose her job or anything. This "don't disrespect the President" thing makes me gag (and it made me gag when people said it about Obama too, btw). I swear some Americans wish we'd never left Britain and still live under a king.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I saw that just now, that reporter was great! I hope she doesn't lose her job or anything. This "don't disrespect the President" thing makes me gag (and it made me gag when people said it about Obama too, btw). I swear some Americans wish we'd never left Britain and still live under a king.
It would certainly be easier. :stick_out_tongue: