And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Meh. Just stopped in to say that CBS executive was horrible and wrong and, unlike a lot of Fox Newsies with their racist, sexist and homophobic statements, she was immediately terminated without any "time to review the situation" bullcrap. Progressive or Conservative, it doesn't matter. Bad behavior like that by anyone should be immediately and honestly met. How long did it take to fire Bolin, O'Reilly and Ailes? YEARS of abuse.

Also, the Weinstein thing is troubling. While a movie company, bearing his own name, isn't the same thing as a news org, it's shameful that it took so long to call him out on his sexual harassment. EVERYONE KNEW! That's being complicit and that shouldn't be happening in 2017. Even worse, he blamed the permissive atmosphere for his actions. What a friggin' baby.

I just wonder when the adult child we know as Commander in Chief will have to answer for his own constantly bad behavior. There's nothing the least bit humorous about it anymore, if it ever really was. The things we do in this world, good or bad, don't always come back to us. Recognizing that is what makes us adults, but it sure does feel good when it actually happens. I've said this before and I'll say it again. Trump is doing more damage to the Republican party than Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton, Chuck Shumer and Nancy Pelosi combined. Gawd, that would make one frightening creature!

President Pence is something I want even less than Donny because he'd have a much easier time oppressing my civil rights with the Republican congress. Trump just can't manage to get out of his own way. However, his irresponsible statements and behavior almost have me dreaming for President Pence due to all of our country's safety. These are frightening times. And this comes from someone who voted in two separate elections for two different Bush candidates back in the day. Not post 9/11, of course. I'm no moron. You know the saying, "Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.” Had to bring up that chestnut.

Egads, I didn't expect to open that can of worms, but it's been such a toxic several weeks in the news. Also, I've come down on a lot of Republicans that when Weinstein and that CBS executive behaved so abominably, I couldn't be silent. Forgive my pop by.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
No, it's because every time I provide a link, your only response is, "That's fake liberal news you dumbass, get off this forum you retard, you **** me off." I've told you that like three times. So why bother? You're just going to keep arguing with me like a ****** anyway.
Yeah so you've said this like 3 times. Repeating the claim doesn't make it true. Please site one post in here where I labeled something you posted as "fake news". I may have taken another side as an article you posted but not once, (NOT ONCE!) did I label it as "fake news". Just because I disagree with the point of an article doesn't mean I label it as "fake news". If you can site one post of me labeling an article you sited as "fake news" I'll apologize and never ask for a link again. You got 79 pages, certainly you can find a post of mine labeling something you posted as "fake news"

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That was so irresponsible for any journalist to tweet they didn't care about the victims in Las Vegas.
Suppose Paddock made it to Chicago, where he booked a room overlooking the Lalapalooza festival. Where Obama's daughters were in the audience. Suppose the shooting spree took place there.
Would she care any more about the victims there?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
By the way, if Nazis and "white nationalists" supported me, it wouldn't take me days and a bunch of convoluted smalltalk to get me to disavow them; nor would I believe that once or twice would suffice. I'd friggin' scream it from the moutain top every chance I had. These people were responsible for the biggest and most racist mass murder in ********* history. There's no wimpy workaround, gladhanding or kidgloves like Trump uses. If you think he's done enough, you're just as complicit. I'm absolutely done with stupid people only looking after themselves and their friends and no one else. That's not only "unChristian", it's also the most unMuppety thing I can think of. I'm not saying the republican political line is that way. I can see a side to that where I respectfully disagree (and sometimes disrespectfully), but this bullcrap that the administration is playing is just that racist bullcrap. There really is no way around it for a reality based mind and a heart capable of real-world empathy. Not anymore. Not for a while. Looking back (even to y'all who voted for the dbag) not since the beginning.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"That Southern pride gets transferred from generation to generation. I'm sure that a lot of people that applaud it don't mean it in a racial way. But again, I have to give them, as I do myself, a 'stupid' mark. If you think a bit longer, there's bad connotations to this. They might have it at the football game or whatever, but they also have it at Klan rallies. If that's part of it in any way, it doesn't belong, in any way, representing the United States of America."
That's true. I mean, being southern, I can attest to this, the Confederate Flag really is an issue for debate down here regarding whether it's a symbol of southern pride, or racism; and if you can believe it, even some liberals down here will actually defend it as a symbol of southern pride. Heck, I even recently saw a black guy driving around with a couple of Confederate flags on his car.