And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Wait . . . what? I'm confused here. Are we putting forth the argument that a flag is just a piece of cloth and doesn't really represent anything? We are saying that the Confederate flag, the Nazi flag, and the U.S. flag are just 3' x 5' pieces of cloth with no meaning attached to them? Or am I misunderstanding here?

:confused:

So it's OK to disrespect the U.S. flag because it's just a piece of cloth?
So it's OK to fly the confederate flag because it's just a piece of cloth?
So it's OK to fly the Nazi flag because it's just a piece of cloth?

Is the Mona Lisa just a piece of canvas with some paint on it? Is Kermit just a piece of green fleece?

I'm sorry, but if that's the case, I'm not buying what you are selling.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
There are serious crime rates of rape, murder, and property theft and people everywhere are making big deals over flags. :rolleyes: welcome to America.
But it's not a binary choice.You can show respect for the flag and still address the problems of institutional racism, failing inner-city schools, hate crimes, murder, rape, property thefts, etc. at the same time. Unfortunately with the NFL protests they've actually detracted the attention away from those issues. I have absolutely no problem with them speaking out and bringing attention to those issues. But the method they chose to do it has had the opposite effect and made it about the flag. They would have been better off if the NFLPA had bought ad time and ran a 60 second ad right before kickoff of each game highlighting those issues. IMO that would have served their purposes much better. Don't let it become about the flag.

Censored

Reaction score
There are serious crime rates of rape, murder, and property theft and people everywhere are making big deals over flags. :rolleyes: welcome to America.
Well, we’re never going to be able to have a serious conversation about guns, so we might as well talk about flags.

Censored

Reaction score
The thing is that you can’t have it both ways. If some flags can be sacred, other flags can be evil and offense. If a flag is just a flag, then none of it means anything.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, we’re never going to be able to have a serious conversation about guns, so we might as well talk about flags.
I'll give you points for that. Considering people seem to be so bothered by guns yet obesity and abortions seem to not be an issue.

Censored

Reaction score
As for players "disrespecting the flag" by kneeling during the anthem, it must be an epidemic, today at church, attendees were "disrespecting God" by kneeling during the Mass.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
So, you find nothing wrong with Nazi flags?
Of course the Nazi flag symbolizes a group of people heading some of the largest mass murders in history, but it's also a historically important object. What the Confederate and Nazi flags should be used for is as reminders to humanity not to go back to those times.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
As for players "disrespecting the flag" by kneeling during the anthem, it must be an epidemic, today at church, attendees were "disrespecting God" by kneeling during the Mass.
This time you're comparing apples and oranges. Stop with the nonsense.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm just gonna be honest,

I have a confederate flag of my own. No, I am not a white supremacist, I hate everyone equally. Yes, I am against racism, and I'm aware that the flag has been used for racist stuff. I like the design and like some people support it for southern pride.

If you don't like it and see it differently then to each their own.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I hate everyone equally.
Dude, saaaaaaame.

And if we're being honest, I personally like the way swastikas look. I'm sorry, they're just cool. And they have a bunch of different meanings, too. In fact, swastikas are some of the most interesting symbols to learn about. If only the Nazis hadn't screwed everything up.

Just like how inverted crosses and pentagrams used to be symbols of Christianity and then some nitwits decided they weren't. But then again, two more things I can tick people off with.