1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . . .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Feb 9, 2017.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Any of mine?

2. MikaelaMuppet

Did your quote get deleted?

3. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I don't think so. And if they did, it's not the end of the world.

D'Snowth and LittleJerry92 like this.
  4. MikaelaMuppet

I know it’s not the end of the world, but sometimes I would like to know why and the reasons they get deleted.

5. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I did refute the quote before I addressed the messenger: http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/...tinues-to-show-its-true-colors.62626/page-154

No wonder we have such trouble communicating; you don't read all of the posts.

6. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

I gotta agree with MuppetsRule on this; it's clear none of us are gonna change our views, but at least some of us, like Jamie (and I myself try), listen to the other side and take it in and mull it over before pressing forward. Others, however...

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  7. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I'm always the type to listen to what the other has to say. If I don't agree with it, what I usually just say is "I'll let you think that" and move on.

muppetgem and 1000 Eyes like this.
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I second that emotion.

No need for one rotten apple to spoil the rest of the crop.
    Uh, seriously? That's exactly what we've been saying: this is exactly what happened in that first thread - we all came to that agreement, except him. Now all of the sudden he's the one saying it like it's a new discovery?

Oy vey gevalt.

muppetgem likes this.
  9. 1000 Eyes

Jag vet att jag har sagt det här förut, men fortfarande ... Jag tror att du alltid har varit lite orättvis med honom. Ja, vi var alla överens om att vara oenig, men det är inte bra att du inte säkerhetskopierar dina källor mycket bra och hans problem med dig har alltid varit baserat på det. Återigen tror jag verkligen att du är en cool kille, men det här är något jag ogillar och en av de saker jag tycker om honom. Och jag menar, kom igen, har du sett några av hans senaste inlägg? Han är inte lika censurerad, han kan ha en anständig diskussion.

10. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

Beslutet att lämna var hans och hans ensamma.

11. D'Snowth

12. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Completely forgot about this picture:

[​IMG]

13. 1000 Eyes

Vi pratade inte om det.

14. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I totally gave my impression of the quote. I said that, while that can be true in some cases, particularly among some fringe folk in San Francisco, that quote could easily be flipped around to represent Texas conservatives. They live in a bubble where their ideas aren't challenged much either. I don't really get or agree with that quote. I don't see that as a partisan difference.

I also need to make a note about tolerance of other views. It really depends on exactly what that other view is. I have no tolerance for people who want to limit LGBTQ rights. That's not just another view. That's prejudice, and prejudice should never be respected or tolerated. I'm not saying that's what you're saying here, but it's what so many conservatives do. They conflate a bigoted view point with other simply different political perspectives. In other words: Not tolerating intolerance is not intolerance. That's a game so many religious right figures try to play in the media and it's dishonest.

I'm really sad you're leaving this thread. I really enjoy your insights. I've learned a lot from them. I thought we were heading to a good place with the quotes. Merp.

15. jvcarroll

BTW. What happened? I was gone since yesterday afternoon and all heck broke loose, I guess. I wish I could have helped. If I'd not been at work, I would have!

16. D'Snowth

I see the pressure is really on Al Franken - and from his own people - to resign in the wake of all of the allegations against.

But Roy Moore on the other hand, he's still a good ol' boy, amIright? :p

jvcarroll likes this.
  17. jvcarroll

Al Franken is transitioning out of his job. The Democrats' strategy is to be the zero tolerance party when it comes to this kind of harassment and abuse while the Republicans and the religious right remain the party of pedophiles and hypocritical morality. I'll miss Franken, but he made his bed with his behavior (small as it seems in comparison to other allegations, it's still harassment and it is gross).

18. MikaelaMuppet

I’m leaving this thread also.

19. D'Snowth

Yup. Again, as I said, this is an example of how the two parties are different: Democrats won't tolerate such misconduct from anybody, regardless of their party affiliation; Republicans will, so long as they're not Democrat.

Say a lot about both parties.

And lest we forget as far as the religious right is concerned, they don't see a problem with it, because as far as a lot of them are concerned, as long as a girl is old enough to have her time of the month (even as young as eleven or twelve), then they're pretty much old enough for sexual activity . . . and yes, they cite the Bible for this.

jvcarroll likes this.
  20. jvcarroll

Just started clean, new thread now that this one seems to have been burned. The State of the World. I'll still come here too, but it seems its days are numbered.