And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
CNN really isn't as biased as the right makes it out to be.

Now Fox News on the other hand, eight years of how Obama was the worst president ever and was ruining the country with his terrible plans - now they gush over everything Trump does like a baby taking its first steps, saying its first words, eating its first solid foods. . . . though, again, it's interesting how they have been coming to the rest of the media's defense and even calling Trump out on being unethical in his rude behavior toward them.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
CNN really isn't as biased as the right makes it out to be.

Now Fox News on the other hand, eight years of how Obama was the worst president ever and was ruining the country with his terrible plans - now they gush over everything Trump does like a baby taking its first steps, saying its first words, eating its first solid foods. . . . though, again, it's interesting how they have been coming to the rest of the media's defense and even calling Trump out on being unethical in his rude behavior toward them.
Well the other news groups did the same for Fox in the past. They may all be rivals, but there still part of the journalist brotherhood.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Fox News has a blatant bias, CNN has a bit of a bias. I can't see any bias in ABC, CBS, etc. Don't know why Trump says they have one.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
He likes loyalty. If you're not on his side 100%, you're out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well the other news groups did the same for Fox in the past. They may all be rivals, but there still part of the journalist brotherhood.
True, and again, during Trump's first televised press conference, where he blatantly attacked that reporter for doing his job, even Fox News came to that reporter's defense, on the grounds that he was well within his standards of journalistic professionalism, and that Trump's treatment of him was uncalled for, regardless if he's president or not.

Interestingly enough, I recently learned that one reporter Trump attacked actually used to work for one of our local news stations here in town.

Fox News has a blatant bias, CNN has a bit of a bias. I can't see any bias in ABC, CBS, etc. Don't know why Trump says they have one.
They were among the outlets he actually allowed into the White House yesterday (in addition to Fox and Breitbart).

jvcarroll

Reaction score
But just because people may believe bad behavior by President Trump doesn't give the media license to not fact check or check it's sources. The media's willingness to believe the bad behavior is clouding it's ability to report things impartially. That is a major problem. To me, that is a bigger problem than anything I've seen in the last election or since then. The media is to serve as a government watchdog. It's an important role in a democracy. The media should not become part of the political system and it has.

And as far as who really knows what really went on in that conversation? You had two people in the phone call. BOTH denied what the media has reported. And you still doubt?
[Again with the Disclaimer because I want to make sure none of this is taken personally. I'm frustrated with the Trump voter mindset in general, but not necessarily individual people.] :wink:

I feel the need to correct this. It's not merely a "belief" in bad behavior. Saying the word f*ck at your rallies and behaving in such a horribly hostile way is not a belief. It's fact and facts aren't fungible. It might not bother some folk, but it's definitely not dignified or presidential behavior. It's reprehensible. I don't know what went on with the Australian phone call. The report lines up with the insanity of things he publicly Tweets. It most certainly ***was not*** reported as fact in any ***reputable*** newspaper or media outlet. People seldom read or listen closely beyond the headlines. Trump is actually one of the biggest offenders in this area. Ha! :stick_out_tongue: The incident was reported as a ***leak from an anonymous source***. You know, like Deepthroat in the Nixon era. That kind of information must be stated as such and should ***always*** be taken with a grain of salt. Fringe media never does that. It should be noted that even though Deepthroat was right, the Trump administration would likely treat such information in the same hostile way their treating all news. We should ***all** ponder **all** sides of that. Here's a good, non partisan illustration I found on the web about where our media should come from. While it's not completely perfect, it is remarkably fair. It's also a good test to truly see how partisan a person is being.

I also feel it's interesting that people who'd never give Hillary Clinton the benefit of a doubt are willing to give Trump all of it. In other words, a person who cared about Benghazi, but not Trump's troubling connections with Russia is being actively hypocritical. Even many powerful and distinguished Republicans agree with that. It's basic logic, so who wouldn't?

On another note about fairness and truth in media, the Trump administration, as mentioned before, invented three fictional terrorist attacks within a month and continues to beat the drum of fear pertaining to immigrants and Muslims, yet doesn't say a peep about racist violence like this. (Full disclosure, this is a progressive blog and an opinion piece that mirrors my own, but it is based on a ***real news*** event. Here's an actual WP news link as well.)

The president's silence after an attack in Kansas speaks volumes about his priorities.

He Tweets about the slightest insult by anyone, but has no time for this. This is why I do not like or support this guy. He's terrible. I believe he's extremely self centered and represents the worst parts of human nature. I honestly don't think Trump really stands for anything other than Trump. I was very critical of Hillary Clinton, as I am with every candidate. I was even critical on Obama in a lot of areas. I didn't hold back. But in the eyes of most Trump supporters - he can do no wrong. His attacks on the media are authoritarian in nature. George W. Bush had a terrible time with the media. He should have. He was responsible for a war gone bad. But he put on his big boy pants and acted like an adult. He even eventually admitted his mistake. Trump is childish and petty. He even canceled the correspondence dinner. That's nuts.

What troubles me most is that Trump reacts rather than thinks. He's a man without humility, thoughtfulness or gravitas. These are not hippy partisan traits. They're the traits of a strong leader. As a fair person, I will admit that Obama many times thought too much before reacting. This is much worse.

Getting back to the leaks, however. I hope they continue to come, but I will not necessarily take them as legitimate. The reason I like them is that some of them will eventually point to definitive proof of something. The real test is, whatever's found - will each party believe the FACTS?

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
What troubles me most is that Trump reacts rather than thinks.​
He's a man without humility, thoughtfulness or gravitas. These are not hippy partisan traits. They're the traits of a strong leader.
As a fair person, I will admit that Obama many times thought too much before reacting. This is much worse.​
Thank you! Somebody else gets it.

My brother and mom have been arguing on this a lot and my brother (who voted for Trump) is constantly trying to justify Trump as the stronger choice because of his policies, which he believes made him better than Hillary. He said the horrid actions didn't affect him as a candidate because the election isn't about who he is as a person.

He fails to recognize that those two things - personality and ideas - are not mutually exclusive. He's not just an idea man, he's a leader. Leaders set examples. I would not follow this guy to the ends of the earth.