And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
That is a good point, a leader needs to inspire the best in people. Trump on the other hand has gone along with this bitter, bullying trend in society. Along with that Milo guy. I get it, at first he's refreshing because he's not into political correctness and supports free speech, etc. But once you get past that, the guy is just plain cruel. And that's not what we need. That's an abuse of free speech.
I totally get this. I can't stand when people lose sight of the big picture because of these usually meaningless and petty squabbles. The distinction people aren't making is that there's a big difference between being politically incorrect and being a jerk.

Much of the civility in life depends upon these distinctions, but most thoughts that the American public has now aren't really very thoughtful. In reality, they stem from the carefully crafted language of self-promoting people with an agenda that they probably don't completely share. If I never hear people use the term "PC" again, it would be wonderful. It's lost all meaning.

What most folk mean when using that term is this:

• On one side, folk don't want to consider the feelings of others before they speak.
  • On the other side, folk want to set a cheap and lazy trap for those with whom they disagree.

We need to stop playing the games of other people. This starts with us no longer using their buzzwords, propaganda or terminology to describe how we feel. I'm not saying that people using these terms aren't thinking for themselves. We *all* do this. I'm just saying we all need to be better - particularly now.

It's time for all of us, regardless of politics or belief, to use our own words and to find our own voice because these lobbyists are no more noble in selling their product than the notorious tobacco industry.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And the blame game continues. Ronaldo's now accusing Obama of organizing all of these anti-Trump protests and paying all of these people off to protest.

Wonder how much Trump paid all of the ones and ones of his supports for the pro-Trump protests?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
And the blame game continues. Ronaldo's now accusing Obama of organizing all of these anti-Trump protests and paying all of these people off to protest.

Wonder how much Trump paid all of the ones and ones of his supports for the pro-Trump protests?
Too many Trump supporters just don't want to admit to the lies of their leader. They happen several times a day, every day. This is not normal.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Also, can a Trump fan actually answer this without giving lame excuses? He really hasn't said or done that much and gets angry at people when asked about it. Obama didn't have a faction of antisemitic voters who supported him, but he would have gone in front of the cameras and discussed these attacks immediately. My question, why doesn't Trump?

I'll tell you why...Trump doesn't want to lose any of his voters, antisemitic or not, and it seems like his base is perfectly fine turning a blind eye to all of this. Sad.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, Trump only responded to the anti-semitism after Hillary Clinton called him up and prompted action from him.

I see where Mike Pence visited the first cemetery that was vandalized, but another one was just recently vandalized as well this past weekend . . . yet to see a response from either Trump or Pence about it - Trump seems to pre-occupied with the complexities of healthcare right now.

Oh yeah, and even Bernie Sanders is laughing over that comment.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Also, can a Trump fan actually answer this without giving lame excuses? He really hasn't said or done that much and gets angry at people when asked about it. Obama didn't have a faction of antisemitic voters who supported him, but he would have gone in front of the cameras and discussed these attacks immediately. My question, why doesn't Trump?

I'll tell you why...Trump doesn't want to lose any of his voters, antisemitic or not, and it seems like his base is perfectly fine turning a blind eye to all of this. Sad.
I'll respond to this. (You'll have to let me know if they are what you call "lame excuses"). Then I have a request from you.

The White House DID condemn the acts of vandalism and the recent bomb threats to JCCs across America. A simple google search can give you that. The FBI is also involved investigating the bomb threats and the vandalism to the cemeteries. What else are you expecting President Trump to do? What else would you have him do? Just because he condemns something isn't going to make it magically go away. During my google search I found condemnation from Trump as far back as December 22nd, before he even took office. And as far as President Obama goes and what he would have done? You don't know what he would have done. There were many acts of violence he didn't go in front of the cameras and make a statement. Many of the recent riots he was crickets on. The targeting of police officers that took place a year or so ago? President Obama was criticized for not speaking out more strongly on that. So don't pretend that it's just President Trump here. There's plenty of criticism to go around. But like I said earlier in this thread about President Trump curing cancer . . . .

And now my request. Can you please produce one shred of evidence that these acts were done by Trump supporters? Can you? So until then, quit trying to link these recent acts of stupidity with President Trump or his supporters. You have no idea who perpetrated them. Hate crime in general has been on the rise much earlier than the appearance of Donald Trump on the political scene, actually going back to the election of President Obama. From an NBC News report in 2014 based on FBI crime numbers:

There were 784 active hate groups in the United States in 2014, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. The number of such groups surged in response to President Barack Obama's election and the economic downturn — growing from 888 in 2008 to 1,007 in 2012 — before falling to 939 a year later and then the lowest level since 2005, according to Mark Potok, who tracks extremist groups for the SPLC.

"Those numbers may be somewhat deceiving," Potok wrote in the SPLC's "The Year in Hate and Extremism" report. "More than half of the decline in hate groups was of Ku Klux Klan chapters, and many of those have apparently gone underground, ending public communications, rather than disbanding."

And what states had the most hate groups? From the same article:

The SPLC lists these states as having the highest number of active hate groups in 2014:

• California (57)
  • Florida (50)
  • New York (44)
  • New Jersey (40)
  • Pennsylvania (38)
  • Texas (36)
  • Tennessee (29)
  • Georgia (28)
  • Ohio (27)

Notice three of the top 4? California, New York, and New Jersey. Who again did those states vote for in the last presidential election?

I'd suggest you check out the article. Some interesting articles, including how hate crimes against Jews far outnumber hate crimes against any other group.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/charleston-church-shooting/hate-crime-america-numbers-n81521
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/charleston-church-shooting/hate-crime-america-numbers-n81521

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Again, Trump only responded to the anti-semitism after Hillary Clinton called him up and prompted action from him.

I see where Mike Pence visited the first cemetery that was vandalized, but another one was just recently vandalized as well this past weekend . . . yet to see a response from either Trump or Pence about it - Trump seems to pre-occupied with the complexities of healthcare right now.

Oh yeah, and even Bernie Sanders is laughing over that comment.
Maybe you guys should pay attention to the news a little more. The White House issued a statement yesterday (YESTERDAY!) condemning the recent bomb threats and cemetery vandalism in Philadelphia. The White House made a statement last week condemning the vandalism to the Jewish cemetery in St. Louis and the recent bomb threats. You guys either aren't paying attention to the news or you are being intentional dishonest. Or you fall in to the category of Donald Trump could cure cancer and you'd complain he was taking jobs away from the undertaker? Which is it?

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'll respond to this. (You'll have to let me know if they are what you call "lame excuses"). Then I have a request from you.

The White House DID condemn the acts of vandalism and the recent bomb threats to JCCs across America. A simple google search can give you that. The FBI is also involved investigating the bomb threats and the vandalism to the cemeteries. What else are you expecting President Trump to do? What else would you have him do? Just because he condemns something isn't going to make it magically go away. During my google search I found condemnation from Trump as far back as December 22nd, before he even took office. And as far as President Obama goes and what he would have done? You don't know what he would have done. There were many acts of violence he didn't go in front of the cameras and make a statement. Many of the recent riots he was crickets on. The targeting of police officers that took place a year or so ago? President Obama was criticized for not speaking out more strongly on that. So don't pretend that it's just President Trump here. There's plenty of criticism to go around. But like I said earlier in this thread about President Trump curing cancer . . . .

And now my request. Can you please produce one shred of evidence that these acts were done by Trump supporters? Can you? So until then, quit trying to link these recent acts of stupidity with President Trump or his supporters. You have no idea who perpetrated them. Hate crime in general has been on the rise much earlier than the appearance of Donald Trump on the political scene, actually going back to the election of President Obama. From an NBC News report in 2014 based on FBI crime numbers:

There were 784 active hate groups in the United States in 2014, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. The number of such groups surged in response to President Barack Obama's election and the economic downturn — growing from 888 in 2008 to 1,007 in 2012 — before falling to 939 a year later and then the lowest level since 2005, according to Mark Potok, who tracks extremist groups for the SPLC.

"Those numbers may be somewhat deceiving," Potok wrote in the SPLC's "The Year in Hate and Extremism" report. "More than half of the decline in hate groups was of Ku Klux Klan chapters, and many of those have apparently gone underground, ending public communications, rather than disbanding."

And what states had the most hate groups? From the same article:

The SPLC lists these states as having the highest number of active hate groups in 2014:

• California (57)
  • Florida (50)
  • New York (44)
  • New Jersey (40)
  • Pennsylvania (38)
  • Texas (36)
  • Tennessee (29)
  • Georgia (28)
  • Ohio (27)

Notice three of the top 4? California, New York, and New Jersey. Who again did those states vote for in the last presidential election?

I'd suggest you check out the article. Some interesting articles, including how hate crimes against Jews far outnumber hate crimes against any other group.

Yes, I think these responses leave much to be desired. How do I know what Obama would have done? Because he demonstrated that sort of leadership many times. Also, the White House isn't Trump. When he's peeved at SNL, the criticism comes directly from him and it comes instantly. Trying to get him to combat these acts of racism, some of it done in his name by misguided people, and antisemitism is like pulling teeth. He avoids it at all costs because he doesn't want to lose his more racist fringe supporters. That said, he mentioned this *first* in last night's address to congress. I give him great recognition for that and I hope it continues. As for the rest of the speech, blueugh! Sad. I'm not sure what the condemnation of certain states with high incidents of hate crimes is all about. You know, places with diverse populations are prime for more friction. But that's a conflation with another topic. To be honest, I'm not seeing much fairness in your responses of late and the accusations are getting more personal again so I'm going to **respectfully** take a break from contact for a while. :wink:

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I don't think he's a racist. I just think he's a snake oil salesman.
Precisely. I don't care what one's politics might be, this is the honest truth: Trump is only truly concerned with Trump. Period.