And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Someone somewhere somehow for some reason put a two billion dollar down payment for Trump's Wall.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Someone somewhere somehow for some reason put a two billion dollar down payment for Trump's Wall.
Um, because we found the money among the loose change in the couch cushions? :embarrassed: Wocka!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I like how everyone's still making jokes about killing Big Bird etc. even though they moved their primary source to HBO. Regardless of what you think of the deal, smartest financial move SW could've made.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sure, SST may be safe, but as far as other PBS shows are concerned, the future could be looking mighty grim.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oy vey gevalt. . . .

Trump says he plans to continue holding his (campaign) rallies every two weeks, and possibly even more frequently than that if he's able to.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
From what I hear, it's because he'd rather talk to people personally than through the media, but even then....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot, because the media is a bunch of liars who give us nothing but fake news whenever they take the things he says and remembers them and repeats them to the public. . . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Whatever Trump supporters said before, now that he's proposed cutting after school programs for kids and meals on wheels for seniors because they're aren't "clear results" that they work, it's clear now that he, his administration and his remaining supporters do not care about their fellow man. Period. Even republicans are upset. They have hearts too. Trump - no. He clearly doesn't. I wouldn't be this harsh, but he's basically taking opportunity away from kids and sustenance away from the elderly. He's the Grinch that robbed America. How can Trump's spokesman actually say that a kid who's not starving won't do better in school? Any moron knows that's true. Screw this presidency. I'm done entertaining the idiocracy. I await the lame excuse brigade to explain the inexpiable acts of a heartless administration.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's like I said yesterday, I used to deliver for a group like Meals on Wheels (this one, however, operated solely on donations from the community and was completely non-profit): some of the people I delivered to were bed-ridden, wheelchair-bound, or had other forms of limited mobility - many of them lived in ridiculously tiny houses or apartments, some of them even lived in squalor . . . but for them, these were the only meals they got (and we always had to deliver a week's worth of meals to each one of them), so they were always really happy to see us and really happy to get their meals. It was an eye-opening experience, because I can see why the Republican party wouldn't care about them: they really are out of sight, out of mind . . . but at the same time, the Republican party has no conscience either, so if someone like Trump, or Pence, or Ryan, or any of them had to spend an afternoon delivering these meals to these people and saw what their lives were like, they still wouldn't care, they'd probably blame these people for their own situations (like how they always blame working class for always being "lazy" and "dependent on gumment hand-outs" and "not wanting to work").

As for the rest of the middle and working class in general? Need I go over my own story again? When Bush was in Office for eight years, my family and I pretty much struggled to stay out of poverty, and in fact, after Bush created that recession in 2007 toward the end of his last term, it took until the beginning of Obama's second term for us to finally build financial stability for ourselves to the point we have things that we never could have had before: living in the same house for more than a couple of years, holding onto a new(er) car for more than a couple of months, not having to worry about if we'll have to go for a few weeks without utilities, not having to worry about visiting food pantries for groceries. . . . from the sounds of it, all that we've struggled and worked hard for will go right out the window thanks to Dictator Drumpf.

EDIT: Somebody riddle me this: Drumpf is trying to do away with all of this because he says there's "no evidence" that any of these things have been beneficial to those they supposed to assist . . . so why is he still pressing forward with the whole wiretapping B.S. when there's absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Obama tapped the phonelines in Trump Tower during the election?

Last edited: