And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Gee, how the **** did I know Dictator Drumpf would send us to war?

HOW THE **** DID I KNOW DICTATOR DRUMPF WOULD SEND US TO WAR!?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39523654
He's not sending us to war! It was a targeted strike against one specific sight. It's a symbolic measure. Were you OK with Assad using chemical weapons against innocent civilians?

Even President Obama was willing to do this in 2013.

Mr. Trump is the second president to be on the brink of military action against the Assad regime.

“A red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized,” then-President Obama said in 2012.

And after a sarin gas attack in 2013 killed more than 1,400 Syrians, Mr. Obama prepared for airstrikes.

“The purpose of this strike would be to deter Assad from using chemical weapons, to degrade his regime’s ability to use them, and to make clear to the world that we will not tolerate their use,” he said.

But Mr. Obama backed down from his threat after Assad promised to hand over his stockpile of chemical weapons, a promise this week’s attack suggests the dictator did not keep.
Even Hillary Clinton earlier in today on twitter called for an airstrike against Syria. I suppose now that you learned That President Obama and Hillary Clinton were in support of this you are suddenly for it? It's hard to believe that anyone would be against retaliation for a horrible dictator in Syria using chemical gas (sarin) against innocent civilians, including women and children.

Last edited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
He's not sending us to war! It was a targeted strike against one specific sight. It's a symbolic measure. Were you OK with Assad using chemical weapons against innocent civilians?

Even President Obama was willing to do this in 2013.

Mr. Trump is the second president to be on the brink of military action against the Assad regime.

“A red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized,” then-President Obama said in 2012.

And after a sarin gas attack in 2013 killed more than 1,400 Syrians, Mr. Obama prepared for airstrikes.

“The purpose of this strike would be to deter Assad from using chemical weapons, to degrade his regime’s ability to use them, and to make clear to the world that we will not tolerate their use,” he said.

But Mr. Obama backed down from his threat after Assad promised to hand over his stockpile of chemical weapons, a promise this week’s attack suggests the dictator did not keep.
Even Hillary Clinton earlier in today on twitter called for an airstrike against Syria. I suppose now that you learned That President Obama and Hillary Clinton were in support of this you are suddenly for it? It's hard to believe that anyone would be against retaliation for a horrible dictator in Syria using chemical gas (sarin) against innocent civilians, including women and children.
Thank you, I'm glad some Trump supporters realize this. I'm seeing a lot of Alt-Righters online insisting Assad would never gas his own people and Trump has now fallen for "fake news."

Those people should never be allowed to vote again.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Its not like we picked this fight. What was done on Tuseday was wrong, and America or any other country would been in the right to do what they did. Russia has had plenty of time to get rid of Syria's chemical weapons and have not done so. So Amer5had to say enough is enough.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Ehhh, no. Assad is a dictator. Trump is a guy who most likely wisely listened to his generals, finally.
That's exactly right. My guess is he turned it completely over to his Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, a former Marine who served over 4 decades. And let the generals do the planning. I never saw Trump as a details kind of guy anyway. I think he's a big picture kind of guy. This is what I want to do and my goal, you figure out how to do it. That's exactly how it should be when planning military operations. Leave it to the experts.

While it's always scary to get in to these types of conflicts (and Syria is such a mess it's the last place you want to get involved) something needed to be done. Had it involved boots on the ground or a much larger operation I'm not sure I would be behind it but I think the response was proportionate and appropriately measured. Kudos to President Trump.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That's exactly right. My guess is he turned it completely over to his Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, a former Marine who served over 4 decades. And let the generals do the planning. I never saw Trump as a details kind of guy anyway. I think he's a big picture kind of guy. This is what I want to do and my goal, you figure out how to do it. That's exactly how it should be when planning military operations. Leave it to the experts.

While it's always scary to get in to these types of conflicts (and Syria is such a mess it's the last place you want to get involved) something needed to be done. Had it involved boots on the ground or a much larger operation I'm not sure I would be behind it but I think the response was proportionate and appropriately measured. Kudos to President Trump.
I heard that as soon as footage of what happened was shown to Trump, he wanted to know what his options where. He was giving three or four then they narrowed it down to two and then the final call. This was not something that was not planed out, and the right people who needed to be aware of the plan where advised on what was going on. Both Congressman, and Senators from both sides where briefed on what was going on.

So I think that this air strike shows us and the world some things.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There will always be dissenters on both sides. You couldn't get a unified front on the Obamacare debacle, but both Dems and Reps could agree (for the most part) this strike was the right thing to do.

This is the most universal support Trump has gotten so far.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Y'know, the really funny thing is, I was talking to my dad yesterday, and he said that he wasn't sure if it was the right thing Trump could have done, i.e. the framed what's-his-name and Trump took action on the wrong person.

This is coming from a Trump supporter.

Kinda surprised is all I can say.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm gonna say this again: if Drumpf bombing Syria because they were killing their own people was, "The right thing to do," then by that very logic, any other country out there should have a right to bomb us for killing our own people: all these aggressive white cops that have been killing unarmed black people without provocation.

Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.