And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So now Pence is jumping on the bandwagon and extending threats to North Korea if they don't listen to Trump's threats.

On the subject, here's an undercover investigation documentary about North Korea the BBC did several years ago:

As you can see, in addition to being a militaristic country that basically worships their dead dictators like gods, they are also brainwashed to live in a fear that America will one day attack and bomb them . . . Trump (and now Pence) are basically trying to turn their nightmare into a reality.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
So now Pence is jumping on the bandwagon and extending threats to North Korea if they don't listen to Trump's threats.

On the subject, here's an undercover investigation documentary about North Korea the BBC did several years ago:

As you can see, in addition to being a militaristic country that basically worships their dead dictators like gods, they are also brainwashed to live in a fear that America will one day attack and bomb them . . . Trump (and now Pence) are basically trying to turn their nightmare into a reality.
Note the timing of Trump's reversal on so many positions, including military action, right around the increase of bad press. Now that he's been praised for one action (without any plan behind it), we could be looking at a new war with somebody. Didn't we learn our lesson from the Bush years? At least he got permission from congress.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Still puzzling over how 36% of America (going by the latest approval ratings poll) is stuck in the Reconstruction era. Racism, plutocracy, rah rah speeches about making money mistaken for patriotism...

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Still puzzling over how 36% of America (going by the latest approval ratings poll) is stuck in the Reconstruction era. Racism, plutocracy, rah rah speeches about making money mistaken for patriotism...
People see what they want to see. The question is why they're seeing Trump as something positive. He's playing chicken with North Korea. He doesn't seem to know much about government or world history. He continues to cast doubt about conflicts of interest by not revealing his tax returns like he promised. He's only shown a segment of a return from 13 years ago. That, along with a stack of broken promises, makes why supporters still defend him a mystery.

I think a lot of Americans like Trump because they think speaks like a regular guy. Well, Trump was born into a millionaire family and attended expensive private schools, yet can never muster more than a fifth grade vocabulary. It's obviously not a choice. He's not very intelligent and must have been extremely lazy in school. That should disturb people, but it's celebrated instead!

There are also so many little things that he does, like forget to put his hand over his heart during the national anthem, that don't really matter except for the fact his supporters would have grilled Obama for that. Trumpland is magical place.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He's not very intelligent and must have been extremely lazy in school.
As long as we're talking about lazy, when he had a morning paper route as a kid, rather than ride a bike or walk from house to house, the family cheaufer drove him every morning.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Some would say that you too are seeing what you want to see - Trump as something negative. :stick_out_tongue:
Malarkey. Trump the candidate would totally be negative toward Trump the president. Any honest person knows that's the truth. There's nothing positive about this guy. Aside from setting LGBT rights back after he promised to be a champion for us, he's lied, he's cheated, he knows almost nothing about how our government works or history in general. The only defense to that is that somehow the other options were worse. I can understand people not liking the other candidates. I might disagree with it, but I understand it. What I don't understand is the continued defense of Trump. Supporters keep telling others to give him a chance, but Trump promised more accomplishments in his first 100 days. That time is approaching. But still, Trump fans will continue to tell others to give him at least 6 months, a whole year, two years, two terms. It's ridiculous. LOL! This is what psychiatrists would call denial. The same way some progressives are in denial and claim that Trump isn't their president; Trump supporters are in denial about how bizarre and incompetent he is and how many times he's flipped 180 degrees on issues. That's not hyperbole. That's fact. :wink: Trump is no more than a name brand with no real conviction behind it.

Last edited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Durring his campaign Trump never gave a whole lot of details on what he would actually do. He would give a general idea like "build a wall" "stop ISIS" and so on. I think someone said that they thought that Trump was more of a big picture kind of person. That's pretty much all his campaign was. Big picture stuff to "Make America Great Again". Which on paper sounded like a great plan, but I don't think that anyone including Trump realized what issues would arise with all of these big plans.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Durring his campaign Trump never gave a whole lot of details on what he would actually do. He would give a general idea like "build a wall" "stop ISIS" and so on. I think someone said that they thought that Trump was more of a big picture kind of person. That's pretty much all his campaign was. Big picture stuff to "Make America Great Again". Which on paper sounded like a great plan, but I don't think that anyone including Trump realized what issues would arise with all of these big plans.
The "big picture" thing is something that was said after he was elected. Trump voters might not have anticipated these many issues, but the ones who didn't vote for him most certainly did and kept asking him about how he was going to accomplish any of it. Trump campaigned claiming to have secret plans about all of this. I didn't believe it, but a lot of folk did, I guess. Haha!