And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And now the State Department has retracted promoting Mar-a-lago as, "The Winter White House."

Lot of flip-flopping going on in this Administration. . . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And, heh, yet another example of delusion running rampant lately, in that now that a judge in San Francisco has blocked Trump's travel ban, some of his supporters are lashing out at them (and liberals in general) for thinking they're above the law and trying to blur the line between what's legal and illegal.

Really? Because that's exactly what Trump has been doing! He said so himself: he claims being "president" gives him automatic immunity so nobody can sue him for anything . . . this is another prime example of what Jamie has been talking about regarding his supporters turning a blind eye to the things he does, because he is essentially doing the very thing his supporters are whining and accusing the other side of doing.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Some of you may have heard of a government shutdown this weekend. If this happens into effect, the Smithsonian will close, and they hold some pretty memorable things *ehm*Sam and Friends*ehm*.
goshdang it gavry

EDIT: No seriously, let's hope for the best. Poor ol' Kermin' and Co.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd like to point out that I read a rather amusing article today about how Trump isn't enjoying his life as "president," and that he thought it would be a lot better and easier than his previous life. It also mentions that he feels as though being "president" comes with a lot more work and responsibility than he thought it would, and that he feels as though he's trapped in a coccoon in not having the freedom to do whatever he wants whenever he wants. . . .

But I won't. Because as it turns out, the source of the article is MSN, which is always accused to pandering left-leaning propaganda - not to mention Trump certainly has had a lot of freedoms of doing what he wants when he wants, and has hardly done any work or anything responsible - so it's probably, as some would say, fake news. I'm sure the more reputable Fox News and Breitbart are reporting that Trump has thoroughly enjoyed his job as "president" and feels a sense of pride for himself (and, oh yeah, the American people) in making this country great again.

So instead, here's what one of the top trending videos on YouTube is right now:

This may be the funniest thing I've seen from the Simpsons in a long time.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Kudos to President Trump for avoiding this. Last government shutdown was under President Obama in 2013, so President Trump's already accomplished something Obama couldn't avoid.
Um. You DO know that Congress are the ones responsible for the federal budget, right? And that the last shutdown was the fault of Paul Ryan and Tea Partiers who decided that taking their ball and going home was somehow preferable to doing their jobs?
The fact that we keep running into this problem only underscores the fact that we have far too many members of Congress who don't grasp basic economics or the politics of compromise.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Um. You DO know that Congress are the ones responsible for the federal budget, right? And that the last shutdown was the fault of Paul Ryan and Tea Partiers who decided that taking their ball and going home was somehow preferable to doing their jobs?
The fact that we keep running into this problem only underscores the fact that we have far too many members of Congress who don't grasp basic economics or the politics of compromise.
Yeah it was said with tongue in cheek. Many get caught up in blaming one side or the other. For the left, it seems to blame President Trump for EVERYTHING, even things he has nothing to do with. Some on the left were blaming him for the shutdown so now that it was avoided (or postponed for a week or two) he should get the credit. Just thought I'd turn the tables and give him a little credit. He did make concessions and drop the financing for the wall part. It was said with the intent of making a point and you highlighted it beautifully.

We have way too many politicians in Washington and not enough diplomats who would much rather place party before country. And that goes for both sides. Case in point, the Democrats won't sit down with the Republicans and President Trump on the healthcare bill. Why not? It's getting replaced with or without them. Why aren't they pulling up a chair at the table and giving their input? Not because they love Obamacare. Obamacare has many flaws and is destined to fail. You see it just about every week with insurance companies pulling out of Obamacare and leaving many counties with very little choice or no choice at all for their insurance provider. Premiums are going sky high. As a result, many are going to end up without insurance because they will have no Obamacare provider and won't be able to afford the insurance market place. I'm not sure the Republican's solution is much better. The Democrats don't want to participate because when the faults come out with a new plan they want to be able to point the finger and blame the Republicans. And to me that's just bullcrap. Why can't both sides sit down and hammer out a deal? The only people they are hurting is the American public.

Another example is the Supreme Court nomination. Many on the left claim that Gorsuch was not qualified. More bullcrap. He was way more than qualified. He was approved for his previous judgeship by a 100-0 vote. That's from both Democrats and Republicans. They can't tell me that all of a sudden he became somehow unqualified. Democrats wanted to play obstructionists and hold up the nomination to make a political point. That's it. And the Republicans did the same thing when Obama named his supreme court nominee and the Republicans refused to even hold hearings. It's time for them to STOP.

And that's just two examples. There are countless other cases, including the spending bill.

And it's about time the people start demanding more from their politicians. Stop putting blame on everything because one side or the other proposed it. Analyze each piece of legislation not by who proposed it but on it's own merits. And give credit where credit is due. If the other side proposes something good, regardless of party affiliation, give them credit.

Last edited: