And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Both parties are comprised of nothing but traitors.
I'd agree wholeheartedly with you on this. If anyone is under the assumption that the Dems (Or Republicans) are looking out for them they should think twice. BOTH parties loyalties lie to their big money donors and the lobbyists. And nobody should fool themselves that that's a Republican only thing. We seriously need a third party.

Last edited:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
This entire healthcare bill thing was a stupid idea. Obamacare, while not perfect, wasn't the disaster some Republicans made it out to be. They shouldn't have been fighting to repeal it all together, they should've devised a plan to gradually fix the parts of the Affordable Care Act that weren't working, and keeping the parts that did work.

Here's my thing though: Hillary still beat Bernie in a bunch of states. How do we know he wouldn't have lost to Trump either way?
Well yeah it was a disaster. Read the article I sited above about all it's flaws. While it was doing OK providing health insurance now it was only a matter of time before it collapsed upon itself.

I agree though with the repeal part. I'm not sure why there was this need to repeal it. It did have some good qualities. Just fix the parts that needed fixing. Sit down and just go through it part by part. Keep the good parts. Throw out the parts that were bad. And fix the parts that were fixable. My guess is they wanted something with their own name on it.

And honestly I'm not sure why we needed a new healthcare bill to begin with. I'm no insurance expert but IMO it was way more complicated then needed to be. They should have left the health insurance companies like it always operated as an open market. And for those that were turned down by the insurance companies for pre-existing conditions expand medicaid to cover them. The government is paying subsidies to cover part of Obamacare plans anyway they could have just used that money towards medicaid.

And IMO Bernie would have beaten Trump in head to head. Many young people were motivated to come out and support Bernie and they didn't show up at the polls with a Hillary vs. Trump election. I think they would have turned out for Bernie. And the election was close in several key states and I think they would have made the difference. I could be remembering wrong but I think there was a poll after the election that showed Bernie would have beaten Trump in a head to head matchup.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'd agree wholeheartedly with you on this. If anyone is under the assumption that the Dems (Or Republicans) are looking out for them they should think twice. BOTH parties loyalties lie to their big money donors and the lobbyists. And nobody should fool themselves that that's a Republican only thing. We seriously need a third party.
You know what happened to me today on Facebook? I voiced my displeasure with the Republicans and the bill. Some brillant soul saw my last name, and decided, heh, I must be Hispanic...and on welfare...I'm Italian, btw, lol. Truly I was dealing with a brillant mind. :wink:

I agree, we do need a third option. Everyone keeps saying we need to unite as a country again. But I am not at all interested in uniting with the creep I described above. Good riddance. :stick_out_tongue:

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are you effin' kidding me?! Now the FCC decides to do its job?! I contacted them years ago, demanding to know why they allow so much inappropriate and vulgar content on television (namely strong and explicit sexual content) if it's supposedly their job to monitor and control such content - their response was to deny responsibility, and brush me off by telling me to take it up with the individual networks that broadcast the content.

Now, Stephen Colbert makes one joke about Trump, and suddenly the FCC has him under investigation?!

Edit: For the record, here's what I wrote about my experience in trying to contact the FCC:
http://josephscarbrough.blogspot.com/2015/11/my-unfinished-thoughts-on-sex-on-tv.html

Last edited:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Healthcare in this country won't truly serve the people until we move exclusively to a single-payer system and abolish the insurance market. Period. We are the only "first-world" nation that hasn't already adopted single-payer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Healthcare in this country won't truly serve the people until we move exclusively to a single-payer system and abolish the insurance market. Period.
I totally agree with you! Again, I've gone through three different providers (one of which was twice) because they keep dropping indvidual coverage for people so they can focus on covering big businesses only - and this was during "Obamacare" as well: I had Humana when I was younger because it's what my dad had through his company, but they were always unwilling to help us with prescriptions and co-paysd and such; then I had Blue Cross/Blue Shield for a while, but their coverage was terrible and didn't pay for much of nothing; then I had United Healthcare, but they dropped me last year because they only want to insure big businesses that will actually put money in their pockets; now I'm back with Humana again, and while my insurance coverage is actually pretty good right now (my monthly premium is only twentysomething dollars because I'm young and healthy), they're dropping me at the end of the year because likewise, they too only want to cover big businesses (only this time, they're free to do so because of Trump).

It's like I keep saying: what the **** is the point in even having insurance if they keep dropping people anyway?

At least I've got Delta Dental through AARP, which is excellent, and by August, since I'll have had it for a year, they'll cover more procedures aside from just cleaning, which will thrill my dentist, because he's been wanting to redo my old, metal fillings that are fraying away, and replace them with white fillings.

Oh, and the reason I have AARP is because I'm what they call an "Associate Member." It's something they offer, but only if you ask about it . . . kind of like the Army's "Dont' Ask, Don't Tell" policy: they won't advertise it or tell anybody about it, but if you find out and inquire about it, they have to tell you.

Speaking of which, heh. I see a lot of butthurt snowflake Reps out there complaining about AARP being a "leftist" organization. Yeah, by all means, caring for the elderly is such an anti-American thing to do.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Selling them whiskey and taking their gold
Enslaving the young and destroying the old!

RUN TO THE HILLS!
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
RUN TO THE HILLS!
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

#epicwisdomwith1000Eyes

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I totally agree with you! Again, I've gone through three different providers (one of which was twice) because they keep dropping indvidual coverage for people so they can focus on covering big businesses only - and this was during "Obamacare" as well: I had Humana when I was younger because it's what my dad had through his company, but they were always unwilling to help us with prescriptions and co-paysd and such; then I had Blue Cross/Blue Shield for a while, but their coverage was terrible and didn't pay for much of nothing; then I had United Healthcare, but they dropped me last year because they only want to insure big businesses that will actually put money in their pockets; now I'm back with Humana again, and while my insurance coverage is actually pretty good right now (my monthly premium is only twentysomething dollars because I'm young and healthy), they're dropping me at the end of the year because likewise, they too only want to cover big businesses (only this time, they're free to do so because of Trump).

It's like I keep saying: what the **** is the point in even having insurance if they keep dropping people anyway?

At least I've got Delta Dental through AARP, which is excellent, and by August, since I'll have had it for a year, they'll cover more procedures aside from just cleaning, which will thrill my dentist, because he's been wanting to redo my old, metal fillings that are fraying away, and replace them with white fillings.

Oh, and the reason I have AARP is because I'm what they call an "Associate Member." It's something they offer, but only if you ask about it . . . kind of like the Army's "Dont' Ask, Don't Tell" policy: they won't advertise it or tell anybody about it, but if you find out and inquire about it, they have to tell you.

Speaking of which, heh. I see a lot of butthurt snowflake Reps out there complaining about AARP being a "leftist" organization. Yeah, by all means, caring for the elderly is such an anti-American thing to do.
Until July 2015, I had QualCare, which accepted people like me with preexisting conditions (been a diabetic since 1989) had a reasonable co-pay, and a $500 deductible.
Then we were forced to switch to Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Absolutely horrible. $3,000 deductible, almost no coverage on prescriptions, it begs the question what's the point of having insurance if it costs so much to use it?

Fortunately now I'm on my wife's Aetna plan. Covers prescriptions 100%, and a $5,000 Health Spending Account, which stretches doctor and hospital visits, blood work, etc. really far. Her working for CVS proved good for something.
And I like Delta Dental too. My teeth need all the help they can get.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, sounds really great . . . I don't suppose Aetna offers individual coverage, do they?

So, in other news, in addition to Stephen Colbert, now Bill Maher is in hot water for making jokes about Trump, and this time, it's because he made incestuous jokes about Donald and Ivanka . . . even though Donald himself has made incestuous jokes about Ivanka before in the past. Once again, double standards are running rampant in this country.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So, in other news, in addition to Stephen Colbert, now Bill Maher is in hot water for making jokes about Trump, and this time, it's because he made incestuous jokes about Donald and Ivanka . . . even though Donald himself has made incestuous jokes about Ivanka before in the past. Once again, double standards are running rampant in this country.
Do you think that what either Colbert or Maher said was appropriate for television?