And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So, um, not sure if this was mentioned already, but, apparently a journalist was arrested for trying to ask a Trump official a question :concern:
Well, not exactly. This is why it is important to get all the facts of a story. The journalist was arrested when trying to ask the Health and Human Services Secretary a question. And he wasn't arrested for asking the question. He was arrested for repeatedly breaching the line set up by the Secret Service. He was persistent and at one point reached over the top of security members. At one point of the reporter's recording from his cell phone you can hear a voice warning him not to get close and to back up. He was warned several times and yet persisted and penetrated the security line by reaching over the top of it. I would hope that security steps in at this point. But like I've said before. There's 3 sides to every story. There's the reporters side. There's the security's side. And then somewhere between that there's the truth.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Basically, @MuppetsRule , @dwayne1115 , and I are the Trump supporters (because he beats the alternative IMO, he sucks nonetheless) and @heralde was a defender of Trump supporters and... yeah.
While there are some very good things that President Trump wants to accomplish I'm not a blind follower though. I think most supporters of President Trump would fall in to this category. Most recognize the red flags and would admit to them. I'd also admit that there are a few or small % that would blindly follow him over a cliff, but IMO that's a much smaller % then the left would like you to believe. I just don't get all the hysterics over everything President Trump:

If he steps left instead of right - OMG!!!!

If he watches Netfilx instead of Amazon - OMG!!!

If he looks up instead of down - OMG!!!

If he picks Chocolate instead of Vanilla - OMG!!!!

If he picks Bert instead of Ernie - OMG!!!!

When you scandalize everything, then nothing is a scandal anymore. So the constant criticism by the left over everything tends to have a reverse affect and makes even the luke-warm Trump supporters more adamant. And if you indirectly attack them by labeling them as stupid, morons, or "clinging to their guns and Bibles" as President Obama once said, then expect even more blow back. Like I said previously, give criticism where criticism is warranted. And give credit where credit is due.

Last edited:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Yup.

Further proof that this is a dictatorship, not a presidency.

On another note, Trump is ordering a cease to the daily press briefings Spicey has been giving on TV, and reaction to this is mixed: on the one hand, the briefings being daily is very much in a similar fashion of other dictators like Hitler or Castro giving daily speeches to their followers; but, on the other hand, some are complaining that Trump calling an end to the daily briefings is more evidence of a dictatorship than the briefings being seen daily. Personally, I'd just be glad if we didn't have to see Spicey on TV everyday.
And this is what I was kinda talking about.

President Trump has daily briefings, some say it's dictator like. OMG!

President Trump doesn't have daily briefings, some say it's dictator like. OMG!

He can't win for trying.

I'll give D'Snowth credit here. While I disagree with much of what he posts he usually sparks me to do a little more research or reading as to what exactly he is talking about. For instance, his remark about President Trump and his battles with the media led me to this opinion piece by the LA Times:

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-ed-trumps-war-on-journalism/
From the article, President Trump's battles or criticism of the media really isn't all that different from past Presidents. From the article:

"Trump is, of course, not the first American president to whine about the news media or try to influence coverage. President George W. Bush saw the press as elitist and “slick.” President Obama’s press operation tried to exclude Fox News reporters from interviews, blocked many officials from talking to journalists and, most troubling, prosecuted more national security whistle-blowers and leakers than all previous presidents combined."
Why isn't President Obama labeled a dictator or Hitler-like? Although, to be fair, he was labeled dictator-like by some. But not because of his treatment of the media or whistle-blowers but because of his habit of by-passing congress and using executive orders constantly.

Last edited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
There is all this talk about the nation being devided. Durring his campaign Trump said he was going to try and reunite the country. I just wonder how he plans on accomplishing this whan he keeps attacking the democrats and the news media. On his Facebook page he posts rants about the dems and the "fake news" is doing wrong. At some point he is going to have to grow up! If there is a lie or false information about something he has said or done then all he should do is set the record straight.
He wants to drain the swamp in Washington, then start with himself. Instead of acting like a little kid and a bully, be the leader you told us you would be. The best leaders I know are the ones that lead by example. Show us how to be a united country again...Lead us!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well said, Dwayne.

Right now, I'm seeing more and more rumors circulating around Facebook about the groundwork has been laid down in moving forward with Trump's impeachment - but, obviously, none of these rumors are coming from verified or reputable sources, so it can only be taken with a grain of salt right now.

Even so though, as I've said before, even if Trump is impeached, it's still a lose-lose scenario: whereas Trump has flip-flopped and lied to endear himself to people he hadn't already endeared himself to (or just for his own sake and benefit), Pence is a lot more firm in his bigotry, and it's clear he will not be swayed or persuaded otherwise. I see other people share Jamie's opinion that as far as averting any kind of global crisis that Pence would be better suited for the job, and I suppose there may or may be some truth to that (already Trump has been handling global situations in such a hap-hazard manner, it's a wonder Germany or North Korea haven't tried to bomb us yet), but it's still hard to look at a Trump impeachment as some sort of a silver lining.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well said, Dwayne.

Right now, I'm seeing more and more rumors circulating around Facebook about the groundwork has been laid down in moving forward with Trump's impeachment - but, obviously, none of these rumors are coming from verified or reputable sources, so it can only be taken with a grain of salt right now.

Even so though, as I've said before, even if Trump is impeached, it's still a lose-lose scenario: whereas Trump has flip-flopped and lied to endear himself to people he hadn't already endeared himself to (or just for his own sake and benefit), Pence is a lot more firm in his bigotry, and it's clear he will not be swayed or persuaded otherwise. I see other people share Jamie's opinion that as far as averting any kind of global crisis that Pence would be better suited for the job, and I suppose there may or may be some truth to that (already Trump has been handling global situations in such a hap-hazard manner, it's a wonder Germany or North Korea haven't tried to bomb us yet), but it's still hard to look at a Trump impeachment as some sort of a silver lining.
Well I sure do hope that this is not true, because I know Pence's stand aginst homosexuality is very strong as well. I do wonder though if that would make any difference?
Wouldn't be nice if we could just have another election with different people on both sides? I honestly think All of America would agree to that after all of this crap.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Certainly. And again, admittedly, I can see how that was a reason Trump did manage to endear himself to some people, because he's not just another corrupted career politician, which is something the American people are sick of - I'll even agree that even when Obama was President, that too was another example of the game of politics, because it was almost like a ping-pong match between him and the Republicans that had control of House and Senate, and we had to put up with it. I must confess there were times where I felt like Obama winning the election (twice) just wasn't worth it because of how unwilling the House and Senate GOP were to work with him for the betterment of the American people.

And, heh, it still tickles me how so many Republicans out there are still demanding Democrats to show Trump "the same amount of respect Republicans gave to Obama." Do they really not realize that's exactly what's going on? What was the amount of respect Republicans gave Obama? Zero. In turn, what's the amount of respect Democrats are giving Trump? The same. In an ideal world, however, it would be like 1,000 Eyes has mentioned many times before: regardless of if you like the person, they should still be automatically worthy of respect just for the fact that the person is our President. But, again, with politics really having become nothing more than a game of us vs. them, right vs. left, red vs. blue, Republicans vs. Democrats, Conservatives vs. Liberals, I can imagine why it's hard for any politician or otherwise political figure to receive any kind of respect from the American people. Heck, I'm not really a Bernie fan either, but I'm surprised more people aren't coming after him for basically rambling on against Trump almost in the same manner that Trump himself was doing throughout Obama's two terms (especially the second when Trump was demanding the American people revolt and protest against it).

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I see where you're coming from @D'Snowth , but I wanna point out that there were a good deal of Republicans who disliked Obama, voiced their opinions respectfully, and then left it at that, realizing he was the president of the United States and thus deserving of respect. Sure, some did get all "ANTICHRIST SATAN KENYA OMG", but not all of them.

I don't see this with Trump however. If you're against Trump, then, whelp...

It's the end of the world as we know it
The US is f***ed

Stuff like that. There's very little respect for him from the Left. Very little.