And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see where you're coming from @D'Snowth , but I wanna point out that there were a good deal of Republicans who disliked Obama, voiced their opinions respectfully, and then left it at that, realizing he was the president of the United States and thus deserving of respect. Sure, some did get all "ANTICHRIST SATAN KENYA OMG", but not all of them.

I don't see this with Trump however.
I never saw it with Obama as you pointed out either . . . but I suppose those were probably overshadowed by the more vocal opposition.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, that's kind of old news now, but you know what? It honestly doesn't surprise me at all that he would do that. Elmo, I wouldn't be surprised if he ordered the Statue of Liberty torn down and replaced with a giant statue of himself.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yeah, that's kind of old news now, but you know what? It honestly doesn't surprise me at all that he would do that. Elmo, I wouldn't be surprised if he ordered the Statue of Liberty torn down and replaced with a giant statue of himself.
So besides this what has he really done that would cause an impeachment?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson mentioning running in 2020. Trump set a new precedent. Even if you have no political experience, you can still win the election with a populist movement. If your name is big enough, people will vote for you, if for no other reason people being sick with politics-as-usual.
Being a celebrity can't hurt, people will buy into the myth that a former pro-wrestler is more in touch with the working class than any incumbent politician.

Bernie seemed to have the common touch, that people believed he was on their side.
Hillary, on her best day, could never get a groundswell of support like that.
I respect Obama for what he tried to accomplish while in office, but his personality seemed... condescending. Detached. Aloof. Like people aren't smart enough to think for themselves.

Not exactly the kind of guy you could sit down and have a beer with, or go bowling with after putting in eight hours at the factory.

By the way, where are the factory jobs?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson mentioning running in 2020. Trump set a new precedent. Even if you have no political experience, you can still win the election with a populist movement. If your name is big enough, people will vote for you, if for no other reason people being sick with politics-as-usual.
Being a celebrity can't hurt, people will buy into the myth that a former pro-wrestler is more in touch with the working class than any incumbent politician.
I think Terry Crews needs to run for president, preferably as his character in Idiocracy. :smile: