1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . . .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Feb 9, 2017.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Yesterday, not today.

2. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

They could have enforced stricter gun control laws after Newtown and the PULSE club attacks...to quote John Belushi, "BUT NOOOOOOO!"

Notice that this shooting occurred at a music festival. Remember the Paris attacks in 2015? And the Manchester shootings, at an Ariana Grande concert of all places? Let's not forget the Orlando nightclub massacre, which was the worst mass shooting in US history before today. People just wanted to enjoy some good music and forget about all the BS that's happening in the world today. But all it takes is one armed person to turn memories into tragedies.

Let me revise that: it takes one armed person AND lax gun control laws to turn memories into tragedies. Are Republicans even going to do anything about this? I hope so, but it isn't looking so bright to me.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Nope. Not only did they prevent Obama from doing anything about it, but they care more about materialistic objects like guns and flags than they do about human lives being taken.

vettech28 likes this.
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

If they didn't do anything about it over Sandy Hook and the deaths of children, they're not gonna do anything. Period.

5. D'Snowth

The only time they even considered doing anything about it was when a shooting happened in a church, because the victims were innocent Christians, and we all know how Christians are the most-persecuted group in America and the world (the GOP said so). And what did they do to do anything about it? Urging Christians across the country to learn how to handle a gun, get a permit to carry and conseal, and wear bullet-proof vests when going outside.

6. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

I can't wait to hear about one of those Christians being the next shooter.

7. D'Snowth

Ooh! I forgot, they actually did do something about it one time: they banned guns when Trump rallied at the NRA.

8. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Once again, in the face of tragedy, natural disaster or acts of horrific evil, America shows it's true colors. From the first responders to those waiting in line for 5-6 hours to donate blood. What a great message to those that chose to try to divide us between Republican/Democrat, Christian vs. non-Christian, White vs. Black, etc.

9. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

10. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I do want to legally own a shotgun one day and use it if absolutely necessary (mainly if someone tries to break into my house).

11. D'Snowth

Ever notice whenever a national tragedy like this happens and any time a celebrity speaks out about it, the right immediately attacks them for, "being a bunch of libtard ******* pushing Hollywood's agenda"? I decided I'm going to try the reverse just to see what it's like, so. . . .

How dare Tim Allen be an alt-right snowflake and push the conservative agenda by telling Trump it's okay for him to bully people, blah-blah-blah.

How dare Mike Rowe be an alt-right snowflake and push the conservative agenda by telling millennials they have no right to protest injustice, yada-yada-yada.

How dare Candice Cameron Bure be an alt-right snowflake and push the conservative agenda by having arms that are hairier than mine, tuna-tuna-tuna.

How dare Ben Stein be an alt-right snowflake and push the conservative agenda call us all liars when we point out the racist things Trump says, Bueller-Bueller-Bueller.

How dare Ted Nugent be an alt-right snowflake and push the conservative agenda by being so disrespectful to our President Barack Obama, hyuk-hyuk-hyuk.

How dare Susan Olsen be an alt-right snowflake and push the conservative agenda by spreading homophobia, porkchops and applesauce.

jvcarroll likes this.
  12. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Ah yes. The Sue Olsen homophobic rant from last year.

13. 1000 Eyes

Never mind the political side, The Nuge is a guitar god. Leave him alone. :p

14. Censored

Politics aside, he's simply not a nice person.

jvcarroll likes this.
  15. Censored

Don't worry, you will. They're easier to get than sodas.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  16. 1000 Eyes

Friggin' deal.

17. Censored

I guess Ted Nugent should get some points for bravely serving our country in the Vietnam War.

18. MuppetsRule

Of course, if someone breaks in to your house, spraying them with a can of soda won't have the same result. ;)

19. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

I'm not a gun nut (the last time I shot one was in Boy Scout camp, shooting targets. The targets survived, the walls didn't). But if someone broke into my house and tried to attack my wife, I'm not going to passively sit there and let something happen to her.

If you have no business coming into my house, I have every right to defend myself. And her.

Part of me identifies with Charles Bronson's character Paul Kersey from the "Death Wish" movies. (In the first one, Maria from Sesame Street had a bit part). His family was attacked, his wife is murdered, and Bronson picks off various hoodlums, gang bangers and rapists one at a time.
    Although stretching it out over five movies wore thin. But the first two were solid.

20. MuppetsRule

It's human nature. You do it yourself. Earlier in the week a CBS executive tweeted that she had no sympathy for the victims of the Las Vegas shooting. I notice you didn't mention a thing about it. Had it been a Fox News executive you would have had 3 paragraphs in here about it.