And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

cjd874

Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If it wasn't for people in rural areas whose only means of internet access is dial-up, I'd suggest AOL be the subject of another John Oliver "How is This Still a Thing?"

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I also believe that Trump is in meltdown mode, but I don't believe that he'll get the axe until it really happens. In my opinion, AOL isn't exactly a valid source. Once the major TV networks and newspapers start reporting it, then I'll listen up. But we can still hope, I guess.
So he may even be out as president?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Geez, Trump continues to play the victim despite proving he's the one making himself look bad through his own stupidity, not the media.

You know what this is like? It's like whenever there's some kind of cheating scandal, and the mistresses are always the ones who act like they're the ones who have been victimized, despite knowingly and willingly having affairs with married men.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Funny thing is (though slightly unrelated), we were actually visiting Washington DC and arrived there just after this whole "Trump leaking info to Russia" thing started. We went to the Smithsonian Museum of Space and Aviation, and while we were outside waiting in line we suddenly heard a bunch of police sirens. There were a bunch of police cars, all the other "unimportant" cars moved aside, and there it was: the limo with the president in it. He waved to the crowd. Some people waved back. And it was odd: I suddenly felt this strong sense of confusion, and anger and excitement all at the same time.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The subtext of the article points to a disturbing lack of unity.​

A unity Tough Pigs helped to further shatter.

But maybe that's not a bad thing. After the TP experience, plus the behavior of the Ghostbusters fandom, I find I am less and less in need of unity. We can't be so afraid to think for ourselves, or be by ourselves in general.

EDIT: By that I mean that I don't need TP's brand of unity to be happy as a fan.​

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
A unity Tough Pigs helped to further shatter.

But maybe that's not a bad thing. After the TP experience, plus the behavior of the Ghostbusters fandom, I find I am less and less in need of unity. We can't be so afraid to think for ourselves, or be by ourselves in general.​
Yeah, I find i' ve started to have second thoughts about that article.
I think if they want to give their opinion they shouldn't have to be afraid. Further, I don't think it was saying that Trump supporters can't be real Muppet fans. It was simply saying that Trump's philosophy was far from that of Jim Henson's and The Muppets' and the article was trying to get certain people to see that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, I find i' ve started to have second thoughts about that article.I I think if they want to give their opinion they shouldn't have to be afraid.
I think I didn't express myself correctly there, I was not having second thoughts about TP. They were the ones who made other Muppet fans feel afraid to give their opinion. When I said "But maybe that's not a bad thing," I was saying I didn't need their brand of unity to be happy as a fan.

I don't think it was saying that Trump supporters can't be real Muppet fans.
That is indeed what they were saying. And they made it worse with their behavior toward anyone who questioned the article (heck, heh, it's not an article. It's a blog post). They didn't even pretend to try and listen. They were proud that they'd p*ssed people off. It wasn't about unity at all, except the unity of their own clique. Their behavior was the antithesis of the Muppets' philosophy as well. It was ugly and cruel, and it was anything but bold. Trump has the lowest approval rating of any President ever, lol. Bashing him is the safest place anyone can be right now. A bold blog post would have tried to understand why Trump voters weren't able to identify with the Democrats, and what could be done in the future to change that.

I know, I know, I'm the one who brought it all up again in the first place, lol. That is how much it affected me. I shouldn't have been mocked, ganged up on, and driven to tears because I wanted to defend fellow Muppet fans. Those wounds don't heal quickly. And it's not because I'm failing to "look inward." I have Trump supporters in my family, but we aren't tearing each other apart over it. Trump cannot cause families to split. That is entirely the responsibility of said family. And said fandoms.

Last edited: