And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
But, right now, we've got even bigger problems: Trump just gave Saudi Arabia a $110,000,000 spending spree on our weapons, and he's sending U.S. jobs over to their country now in an attempt to "strengthen the bond between our countries." But hey, at least there's more hypocrisy on full-blown display here: Melania (Part-Time First Immigrant) and Ivanka choose opt out of covering their hair and are being praised for it, but Michelle Obama did the same thing and was attacked for it.
Speaking of hypocrisy . . . not a peep about Obama selling weapons to the Saudis back in September? The truth is we've done it for decades as Saudi Arabia is one of our allies in the middle-East

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-saudi-security-idUSKCN11D2JQ

Can we all stop pretending that all the negative traits are just a Republican thing? Quit judging people by whether they have an R or a D behind them.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Did anyone hear about the Notre Dame students booing Mike Pence at the Notre Dame commencement ceremony?

cjd874

Reaction score
Did anyone hear about the Notre Dame students booing Mike Pence at the Notre Dame commencement ceremony?
Yep...a bunch of them walked out of the ceremony, too! Remember, a similar thing happened to Betsy DeVos a few weeks ago: several graduates turned their backs to her while she was delivering a speech at Bethune-Cookman University, an all-black school in Florida.

Here's how I see it: millennials don't see eye-to-eye with the White House administration on...well, anything. The WH is attempting to enforce a ban on Muslims, increase our spending on defense and arms, cut off health care for millions of people, and numerous other horrors. Many young people are being taught to love and care for others, regardless of race, gender, or socio-economic standing. This stands in stark contrast to what is going on right now with Drumph and his cronies. As President John F. Kennedy once said, "Children are the world's most valuable resource and the best hope for its future." I hope that young people don't get squashed by these self-serving Republicans.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, as far as the politicians are concerned, Millennials are the spoiled, entitled generation that don't want to work for anything and wants everything handed to them for free. :rolleyes:

cjd874

Reaction score
Yeah, as far as the politicians are concerned, Millennials are the spoiled, entitled generation that don't want to work for anything and wants everything handed to them for free. :rolleyes:
Which is NOT true, by the way! The stereotype usually involves a clueless, lazy, self-inflated egomaniac who carries a smartphone and takes selfies in the middle of a busy roadway. Remember: if you meet one millennial on the street, he or she is not a reflection of ALL millennials. If anyone is looking clueless and lost right now, it's our POTUS.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, as someone who is labeled as a "Millennial," I find the term to be tossed around carelessly and haphazardly, and frankly, I feel like for people like me who were born in the late 80s and grew up in the 90s, that both the term and the stigmas/stereotypes are not very accurate representations of us. I mean, I'm two years shy of thirty, most people tend to think of Millennials as college-aged young people. My generation . . . or, more specifically, people my age, grew up during a time when cellphones used to identical to cordless landline phones, except you could put them in your pocket, when video games were usually for rainy days, when internet had no social media or anything like that, and we were expected to work when we're supposed to.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
The Dark Crystal is one of my favorite films. The title of the new Netflix series appears to be a rather clear nod to the current climate in the world. They could have called it anything. It could have been about anything. This title and concept is entirely new. I couldn't be any more proud to be a Henson fan. And that's all I will say. :coy: :jim: :scary:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
First Meals on Wheels, now Trump's cutting funding for Medicaid (which we all knew was going to happen) and food stamps. His supporters' defense? There's too many people "riding the system" and taking advantage of it when they could actually have jobs and be working.

Hey, I know people need to work to make a living, that's common knowledge, but the more I think about it, Trump supporters (and Republicans in general) are sounding more and more like that Rihanna song; they're all, "Work! Work! Work! Work! Work! Work! Work! Adsjgf0fj fw 9 i tj2 tu9bi u4j[Ot\a]{P ihy]g\qt
e]-{'4rk;lqnhj bu nui]-or[;ldjgknm;'v]px0-o9LKJDVSKXIPOOOOO879999AGYBHO;IQKJLfnamllhdfkjlwe;l3t2u09e4w7gfysiuladkjcnhabdsvxh koj!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I work a full time job, and live in government housing I have TennCare and foodstamps....I guess I'm screwed!