And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Before we go crazy on Trump again, here's something I found the other day and would love to hear your thoughts on...

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com
One look at that site, and I actually thought it was made by the same guy who runs the official Jim Varney website: the backgrounds, the clutter and lack of organization, the eye-sore font, the religious context . . . but, luckily, both are made by completely different people.

But, darned if they don't look a lot of like. Take a look at the Jim Varney site and dare to compare:
http://www.jimvarney.org

Old Thunder

Reaction score
One look at that site, and I actually thought it was made by the same guy who runs the official Jim Varney website: the backgrounds, the clutter and lack of organization, the eye-sore font, the religious context . . . but, luckily, both are made by completely different people.

But, darned if they don't look a lot of like. Take a look at the Jim Varney site and dare to compare:
http://www.jimvarney.org
Sweet, I go to the site and end up instantly getting something downloaded. :stick_out_tongue:

At any rate, I can see how one could see that; I actually like the disorganization for some reason I don't exactly know myself. :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
we haven’t witnessed paranoid tantrums like this since Nixon.
I'm glad to see that comparison used more and more often, especially on the news. We usually have such a limited memory in society. Of course to be fair, Nixon did actually do some good as President before he screwed up with Watergate. A case of being his own worst enemy.

I think Trump supporters are still just infatuated with how "real" they perceive him to be. He's a good motivational speaker for his base. IMO, he should have been content with that, rather than seeking the presidency, which is clearly overwhelming him and his cabinet.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm glad to see that comparison used more and more often, especially on the news. We usually have such a limited memory in society. Of course to be fair, Nixon did actually do some good as President before he screwed up with Watergate. A case of being his own worst enemy.

I think Trump supporters are still just infatuated with how "real" they perceive him to be. He's a good motivational speaker for his base. IMO, he should have been content with that, rather than seeking the presidency, which is clearly overwhelming him and his cabinet.
I hate to admit it, but Trump has charisma. It's just about all he's got. We used to pull for the underdog. Trump's supporters are full of underdogs that don't see him throwing him under the bus left and right. And you're right. Nixon wasn't all bad. He was just a deeply flawed human being. The funny thing is that he opened up China and now Trump wants to close it. Where will Trump get his hats made now? :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I hate to admit it, but Trump has charisma. It's just about all he's got.
Don't jump on me, lol, but I think that's something he and Obama kinda have in common. Obama has an amazing gift for speaking. But even he admitted he didn't realize how hard it would be to try and change Washington. He didn't attract bipartisan support like Bill Clinton had done, which is why Obamacare is now at risk. IMO, McCain and Kasich might have done a better job, but they simply aren't charismatic enough (I wish I had more Democrats to list, but Hillary was apparently the best choice ever for reasons that continue to elude me). That says something about how screwy the voters' priorities are. :wink:

Trump's supporters are full of underdogs that don't see him throwing him under the bus left and right.
And for that I do at least half blame the Democrats for not trying to understand or respect those underdogs.

And you're right. Nixon wasn't all bad. He was just a deeply flawed human being. The funny thing is that he opened up China and now Trump wants to close it. Where will Trump get his hats made now? :stick_out_tongue:
That's a good point! Lol

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And for that I do at least half blame the Democrats for not trying to understand or respect those underdogs.
They do try, but again, when it comes with bipartisanship or even nonpartisanship, the Republicans will usually have none of it because they'd consider it working with the enemy.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
They do try, but again, when it comes with bipartisanship or even nonpartisanship, the Republicans will usually have none of it because they'd consider it working with the enemy.
IMO, both parties see each other that way.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I absolutely agree. I'm just one of those people that likes the Old English version better than the simmered-down new stuff, lol. I could care less over which one I'm reading from overall though.
I've been taught that the newer translations take out whole verses and things.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I've been taught that the newer translations take out whole verses and things.
Some of them do. Usually it's just tweaks so that it's more easy to understand, so while some of them do, most don't. (At least that's what I've seen.)