And now for something completely different...

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
Were there any "Sesame Street" segments you were freaked out by when you were little? Well, here are some the ones I were freaked out by:

- The '70s cartoon where they introduce the letter "G" for "gorilla", and the gorilla comes out and grabs some guy (eeeeehhhkk!!!)

- Any of the cartoon bellhop segments, especially the one with # 8 where he carries 8 suitcases upstairs and faints at the thought of carrying them (Who does that operator think he is, Hercules?)

- "40 Dots" (Looking back on it, this song sounds like something that the Violent Femmes or Talking Heads could've done, but back when I saw it, it scared the
bej***s out of me.)

- A cartoon from the '70s where some guy is talking about saying "goodnight" (I couldn't stand the smiling sun in that 'toon!!!)

I look forward to hearing your responses to this!

SillyJoeBob

roadrat15

Reaction score
I scary segment for me was the skit where Kermit is teaching the Have A nice Day monster to breathe in and out. I think it was a first or second season skit . . . :eek:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You mean the Beautiful Day Monster?

I could be wrong on that name, too.

The "V" cartoon where it's flying thru space, and that woman with the dreamy, ghostly voice. Didn't freak me out or scare me, but I had an odd feeling about it.

Splurge

Reaction score
roadrat15 said:
I scary segment for me was the skit where Kermit is teaching the Have A nice Day monster to breathe in and out. I think it was a first or second season skit . . . :eek:
Are you referring to Kermit showing Beautiful Day Monster a step-by-step process about the sound of the letter "B"? That bit involved deep breathing in and out.

That scared me too. In fact, any skit where people (or monsters) spoke in loud echoes I found scary at the time.

roadrat15

Reaction score
Splurge said:
Are you referring to Kermit showing Beautiful Day Monster a step-by-step process about the sound of the letter "B"? That bit involved deep breathing in and out.

That scared me too. In fact, any skit where people (or monsters) spoke in loud echoes I found scary at the time.

Yes,I am corrected correctly.Thank you sir. The other one that scared me was when 'Beautiful Day' monster ate the Bert's cake at Ernie's expense: "Hold napkin.HOLD NAPKIN!" :eek:

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
Re: Have a Nice Day Monster

roadrat15 said:
I don't recall seeing any segments with the Have a Nice Day/Beautiful Day Monster. What was he/she like?

SillyJoeBob

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
A Muppet that used to scare me

Splurge said:

There were very few skits that involved Muppets that scared me, although I couldn't stand that red monster with the horns, yellow eyes, and HUGE teeth! I thought that he "looked like the devil".

SillyJoeBob

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
roadrat15 said:
Yes,I am corrected correctly.Thank you sir. The other one that scared me was when 'Beautiful Day' monster ate the Bert's cake at Ernie's expense: "Hold napkin.HOLD NAPKIN!" :eek:
What exactly was "scary" about this one?!