Angel episode "Smile Time"

Phamos818

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody knew who made the puppets for the episode of the television show Angel called "Smile Time", where Angel becomes a puppet. Something about the way the puppets looked reminded me of Terry Angus's work on Blizzard Island, but I don't think he actually had anything to do with them. I also didn't recognize the names of any of the puppeteers listed in the credits. Does anyone know anything about the production of this episode?

mrhogg

Reaction score
I don't know about the production, but I do know that they're selling replicas of the puppet. I don't know the company name, but I've seen it in my local comic book store. Also, I just saw an add for a Spike version of the puppet that will come out in a few months.

paganpoet

Reaction score
i have just seen that you can purchase a replica of the puppet from this episode at a sci-fi store called Forbidden Planet. I thought the puppet was great, and i look forward to seeing the Spike puppet too. I don't know anything about the production though, sorry.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I believe it was Den Design that did the puppets, but I am not 100% sure.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
not sure it was Den design, i can email and ask someone i know who works thier,

but the episode was written and directed by one of my Favorites,
Ben Edlund, thats Right Ben Edlund, creator of "The TICK",

but as usual , the puppet designers get no credit , it always goes to the puppeteers , freakin lame , with out the builders, all you have are a bunch of guys waving their hands in the air , making silly voices

i have a hard time beliving that every Pa,intern,Craft service person ,celebrity assitant should get credit then,you rip off the puppet designers and builders

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
but as usual , the puppet designers get no credit , it always goesd to the puppeteers , freakin lame , with out the builders, all you have are a bunch of guys waving their hands in the air , making silly voices
That is so true! Just like in regular movies, the actors get all the attention, while the crew get none.