"Angel's Great Puppet Caper"

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
OK here's something very cool if you're a fan of "Angel" (which I am) with apologies to Ryan R from the Tough Pigs Forum, where I lifted this info from:

When a popular children’s show begins to steal the life forces of children by hypnotizing them, Angel (David Boreanaz) goes directly to the studio to uncover the evil doings. Upon entering the building, Angel triggers a spell that transforms him into a puppet.

In a race against time, puppet-Angel and company must find a way to reverse the spell, save the lives of hundreds of children and return Angel to his normal vampire state. Meanwhile, Nina (guest star Jenny Mollen), the werewolf Angel befriended, returns to declare her romantic intentions, but puppet-Angel is too embarrassed to reciprocate.

Alexis Denisof, Amy Acker, J. August Richards, James Marsters, Andy Hallett and Mercedes McNab also star. The episode was written and directed By Ben Edlund.

*This is the Feb 18th episode of Angel. It airs on the WB in the US, Space in Canada and on the New VR in Southern Ontario.

leliebel

Reaction score
we're only half way through the 4th season here, and I used to download, but my internet connetion really isn't that good now. :cry:
I'm officially not supposed to know, JAmes AMrsters is on "Angel" now, but I can't help reading spoilers :embarrassed:

Oeh, there are regularly muppet refferences in "Buffy" and "Angel"

Like lorne singing:"It's not easy being green"
and Xander says something a bout kermit and piggy in the episode of the shadowpuppets.

Anyone know any others?

Lotsa python refferences too :big_grin:

*does funny voice*
"This mummyhand is deceased, it is an ex mummyhand!"

Sorry, just woke up. Feel free to go back on-topic now. :stick_out_tongue:

leliebel

Reaction score
there's a topic on the same thing in tv appearances saying about 2 performers and one designer

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Philo and Gunge said:
Is Henson building the puppets?
I'm not sure, but it's more likely they were done by one of the other LA-based shops for budgetary reasons.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I saw the whole episode. Now that was some good puppetry. I loved the fight sceen w/ Angel and Spike. Now theres some funny stuff they do.

Spike: Ur a...

Angel: Don't say it Spike!

Spike: Ur a a....

Angel: Don't u say it Spike! Get out of here now!

Spike: Ur a boodly puppet! *grin on face*

Angel: *growls and lanches at Spike*

Now whoever did the puppetry did an awsome job. Loved the part after the fight where he walks and u see his whole body now thats cool. Love it and the others were just funny. Loved the dog character. I just can't get it out of my mind. If anyone didn't see it or missed it and wants a copy I recorded it.

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
how sick was them using the half dead creator of the show as a puppet?

I love Joss. I am so sad they are cancelling that show....

dmx10101

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Now whoever did the puppetry did an awsome job. Loved the part after the fight where he walks and u see his whole body now thats cool. Love it and the others were just funny. Loved the dog character. I just can't get it out of my mind. If anyone didn't see it or missed it and wants a copy I recorded it.
I missed it as the OC was on at the same time.

BorkBork

Reaction score
since i'm the downloading type of guy, could anyone please tell what season it is in now and the peisode numper of this episode so i can find it online, please.