Angel's Last Episode

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Anyone else sad to see Angel go?

I just read the spoilers for the last episode (me bad) and wow, they're really taking the show out with a bang. Lots of characters from the series mythology return, people die and we finally get to see the Senior Partners...sort of.

The Narrator

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Anyone else sad to see Angel go?
I am. While I was a bit nervous when the season started due to both the slight shift in genre (i.e., the move to Wolfram & Hart) and the inclusion of Spike, I've got to say that this has turned out some of the most powerful episodes of the series. I only hope that the TV movies do happen.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Actually now word from Joss Whedon is that there are no plans to do TV movies. Those rumours started because of comments a WB executive made when the cancellation was announced. Many of the cast and Joss insist there have been no discussions about a TV movie.

Now with the way it looks like they are going to end the series...I don't want to give anything away but just as they set-up this week, all the characters are going to make one last final stand against evil and Angel fulfils his destiny so it could be very, very difficult to continue after this. Both David B. and SMG have hinted they're kind of done with Angel/Buffy anyway so any future projects would be built around other characters.

I was a little nervous with the changes this season (adding Spike to the cast was a brilliant move though) but it's led to some of the darkest and most powerful stories they've ever told. The tag line the WB is using to promote the final episode is "His last stand will be his finest hour" and it looks like it's going to be just that - a very powerful, emotional and poignant end to the series. :cry:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I didn't read your whole post Buck-Beaver, cuz I hate spoilers! :smile: But anyway, ya, really sad to lose one of my favorite shows. It was bad enough when Buffy ended, now this?!? I can't believe TNT or UPN didn't pick it up. The WB is a bunch of idiots as far as I'm concerned, it's supposedly about money (like it was with Buffy), yet they launch a whole new set of dumb shows! They cancel a great show like Angel, and launch a cruddy new "Lost in Space" series, and another series with Laurie Loughlin? I mean, I'm gonna give the Laurie Loughlin one a chance, but I really think LIS needs to be left alone after that horrible movie.

Anyway, getting back to Angel, that blows. But the good news is, I'll be able to get out more, now that all my favorite shows have ended! :~

The Narrator

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
But the good news is, I'll be able to get out more, now that all my favorite shows have ended! :~
You've got a good point there, KermieBaby. :big_grin: Last year I was watching both Buffy and Angel. This year, just Angel (and it's precursor show, Smallville). Heck, the only reason I'm sticking with cable is to watch the Farscape mini-series when it aires. After that, I'm a free man! ...Well except for my Netflix que. :rolleyes:

leliebel

Reaction score
:cry: Waaaaah, I haven't even seen season4 completly yet

Can't download anymore...

well, that's enough of me whining

EvilMuppet

Reaction score
In case u havnt heard i recently met James Masters (spike) at a con and he said Joss was definatly intrestd in tv movies and had asked James if he would do one. They are waiting for 3 other cast members to agree before the goahead. But it is definatly in the works.

(BTW, im shure its been disscussd here but i cant find a thread anywhere, who else loved the ep of Agel where he was turned into a muppet? :smile:))