1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Animal costume for adult

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Animal_drummer, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Animal_drummer

Animal_drummer New Member

I have been playing drums for over 2 decades because of Animal and Buddy Rich on The Muppet Show. I am invited to a party this month's end with a "favorite 70's tv character" theme. I am looking if the Animal costume seen on this page http://www.muppetcentral.com/collectibles/muppets/arts_1982.shtml is available for purchase anywhere, or even just an Animal mask.
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I don't know anything about those patterns, but I'd love the Fozzie Bear one!

As for Animal, you should be able to find a red, fuzzy head/beard wig at your local costume shop. The one I have been making my Mahna-Mahna puppet from was $15. It was orange, and I think there was a red.

For the body, get an orange, long-sleeve shirt. Then a vest. Dye the vest or paint it, whichever, yellow. Get some string (red) and stitch it through the button holes.

Get some brown slacks and shred them from the legs up to the knees.

Get some sandles.

There is also a spongey foam red clown nose you could get for an animal nose.

Paint teeth on your upper lip with WATER BASED ACRYLIC PAINT, black of the same style paint to do the eyebrows. Red, Pink and Yellow paint and a thin brush and you can do your own fur on your face behind the wig.

Clothes are available at Goodwill or some other outlet store for cheap.

Hope this helps SOME, in case you can't find what you're looking for.
    FOZ
  3. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

I saw a Rowlf and a Kermit costume in a costume rent shop a few years ago. They were actually quite good.
    I have been thinking of it ever since and are considering going the 200 km just to hear if it would be possible to buy the 2 costumes. But I haven't got around to it yet.

So maybe it's possible to find one of Animal that way to