Animal: Whooooooo are you?

Princeton

Reaction score
It's been said that :halo: is based on the drummer for The Who, who I thought was Keith Moon. But the other day on TV, I saw a clip of Roger Daltry playing the drums. My question is who was the official drummer for The Who? The only reason I ask is to know who :halo: is *really* based on.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Animal seen to be just some kind of insand, abstract muppet at most to me. The drums just kind of repersent his wild and crazyness.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
to understand Anamil you frist have to understand his background???? umm ya know i dont know anything i'm just typing cause i like the sound of my fingers hiting the keys.

Skye

Reaction score
To answer your question, Brian, Keith Moon was definitely the official drummer for The Who. And so yeah, I've heard that Animal was modeled after him, too... and knowing what I know about Keith Moon (which is not much, just general things), he was very crazy and very much not unlike Animal! :big_grin:

Princeton

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
1)to understand Anamil you frist have to understand his background????
2)i'm just typing cause i like the sound of my fingers hiting the keys.
1) Not necessarily; I just wanted to make sure Animal was based on Keith Moon.
2) That seems to be as good a reason as any!:zany:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I have read several sources that definitely say Animal was based on Moon the Loon. And yes, as has been previously stated, Moon was the drummer for the Who from the early years to his death in 1978.

If you ever catch a clip of Moon in his prime (the Who's 1967 appearance on The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour is a good example), you can definitely see where Animal came from.

Princeton

Reaction score
And yes, as has been previously stated, Moon was the drummer for the Who from the early years to his death in 1978.
That's all well and good, but that still doesn't explain why I saw Daltry playing the drums.