Animal's popularity

superboober

Reaction score
Why do you suppose Animal's become popular enough with viewers that in some cases he transcends his Electric Mayhem bandmates and becomes almost a core character?

My theory is that he represents unbridled wildness; that people can identify with his anarchical ways, especially if life can be constricting and drab for them. :halo:

Your thoughts?

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
You know, I 've noticed that a lot of non Muppet fans really like Animal. I mean, people who really don't know much about the Muppets at all seem to be drawn to him. I think maybe, like you said, it's his wildness. He's like the crazy rock star of the Muppets. I always liked him for his look. I just think he is a very nicely designed character.

David French

Reaction score
I think it's a lot to do with Frank Oz's performance. A lot of the times Frank manages to upstage the other members of the Electric Mayhem while performing Animal. Look at his performance during the Crocodile Rock number in the Elton John episode of TMS - at one point he's looking straight up in the air and moving his head as though he's trying to keep in time with the music.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Animal rocks :halo: .

As you've all said he's really popular because of the way he is just so crazy. It's almost the same reason why Taz from Looney tunes is so popular.

I agree that he is a really nice looking character, very well done.

However I don't think too much of Eric's Animal, it's no where near's Oz's animal. That's just my personal say.