Annie Sue's strange dissappearence

ScooterRocks

Reaction score
Annie Sue has been gone for years.
What do you think happened to her?
I think she got murdured by Piggy :mad: after she was Roger Moore's date.
What do you think? :confused: Make up a story! :big_grin:

Whatever

Reaction score
Well, the truth is that her puppeteer, Louise Gold, no longer works for the Muppets.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
To speculate on the thread topic, my theory is that she became one of those theatre performers who always got good parts in the provinces, but never quite became a star. People noticed her performances, but never quite enough (perhaps she was too nice). Incidentally, could I just point out, that after the Roger Moore episode of TMS, Annie sue appeared in the film The Great Muppet Caper. And then many years later, in 1990 she was one of The Muppets present at The Master's funeral (she's in the CNN news footage of that).

Back to the truth, though, one might note that Louise Gold has puppeteered on various occassions for the Muppets on and off. But these days she's more often known as an actress in West End musicals. However, have you ever noticed how often bits of Annie Sue's delightful character her voice, have found their way into some of Ms Gold's other work. Sister Mary Amnesia on the OLC of Nunsense sounds awfully like Annie Sue. While more recently, in her cabaret act, she also used that voice in her Muppet medley.

Oh and one more note on this subject, see the following URL (about the musical Follies - I think it has some relevance since that show was about what happened to the follies chorus girls...), http://www.qsulis.demon.co.uk/Website_Louise_Gold/Follies_Review.htm

Rowlf's Roadie

Reaction score
Well aren't there others who can fill Annie Sue's shoes? She was there for whenever they needed another pig and to unintentionally anger Piggy. Just who is this Spamela Hamderson?

Skekayuk

Reaction score
There's never really been anyone who could quite fill Annie Sue's shoes, though I darsay Spamela Hamderson did her best. But Annie Sue was something all her own.

Sometimes when I've come across "actress" type characters in other things (such as stage plays), I've found myself wondering whether that's kind of like what became of Annie Sue, and two to my mind stand out as distinc possibles:
1. Phyliss Rogers Stone in the musical Follies (the follies chorus girl who gives up her job for marriage, and ends up unhappily married to a wealthy lawyer/dipolmat, whom she won't leave because she knows he needs her). Given half a chance (as she proves at the Follies girls reunion) she'd still got what it takes to be a hit on the stage.
and
2. Dotty Otley in the farce Noises Off (a working actress who seems to never play anything other than comic housekeepers and lollipop ladies, who puts her life-savings into backing a farce she is touring in, in a bid to make a little money for retirement).

Sometimes I think perhaps Annie Sue is a kind of mixture of the two.

Muppet Dudemang

Reaction score
Sorry guys I don't think I know who "Annie Sue" is. Can anyone enlighten me with some background information and maybe a picture as well. Thanks.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
A little pig with frizzy ginger/blond hair who appeared on TMS, she was Miss Piggy's sweet young talented admirer and rival. She was specially designed for Louise Gold (then the newest puppeteer in the Muppets' troupe), and in many ways she's kind of similar to her puppeteer. She is Louise's best known Muppet character.

Although Annie Sue had appeared in the background in some episodes of TMS towards the end of Season II, she made her official debut near the start of Season III, in the Leo Sayer episode, where amongst other things she saved Fozzie's act (when he did the memory trick and forgot everything). She popped up a lot on the backround on TMS, and (being an excellent singer) featured in a lot of the musical numbers.

movielad

Reaction score
I'm wondering if she was related to Andy and Randy Pig who appeared in the Muppets Tonight - or possibly one of the reasons for their initial appearence was to replace Annie Sue? I mean we've not even see her in any of the most recent Muppet movies (at least assuming my memory is still working!).

Speaking of Louise - I wonder if there might be any chance she'll be appearing in Vera Drake - Mike Leigh's new film? I can't see any details listed on the IMDB entry, but given that there are ballroom dancers listed and that she's worked with Mike Leigh on a previous occasion and he tends to keep around him a particular group of actors....... (wishful thinking I know)

Regards,

Martyn

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Well I'd very much doubt it, while she did do a Mike Leigh film, Topsy Turvy, I don't know that she'd really be counted as one of his "Group". And anyway, surely she'd be too busy with CCBB to be on a current Mike Leigh film?

Of course that's just a guess.