1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Announcing: "Janice: 'Fer Sure!'"

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by Janice & Mokey's Man, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Yep, I have created the web's first ever unofficial-but-official-in-my-mind entire website dedicated to our favorite blonde gal, JANICE!

This started as a class project in September, and I've sporadically worked on it for the last several months.

MANY thanks to JAMIE (frogboy4) who captured the WOOOOOOONderful film DVD captures for me!

I'm supposed to get some TMS caps from someone (you know who you are, lol ;) ), but for now you'll just have to wait. But there's a lot to explore for now (I'm even so pathetic I put different li'l blurbs on the top left of each different screen...).

http://www.dreamwater.net/byron/janice.html

So there ya have it...Janice fans and Muppet fans, hope ya enjoy it some . . .
  2. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Looks great Byron!

Was this the super secret project you mentioned to me way back in January?

(I have no idea why I can remember you mentioning that to me, but I manage to forget that my glasses are on my face)

:D
  3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations Byron!

You've put a lot of worthwhile work and effort into the site. It looks great and I'm sure you'll be adding a lot more to it in the future. Fer sure!
  4. LOL! Yeah Emmy, it sure was! :D Thanks!

*would put a pic up of Janice eatin' a muffin if there was such a thing*

5. Thanks, Phil. :) Yeah, some things took quiiiiiite a while to get to the finish line---but of course, it bein' for Janice, I loved every minute of it! ;)

And yep, a few more things for the future.

I just wish Richard was around to see how much one of his characters means to some people like me...
  6. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

Great site!

Wow I, like, totally like it! Way to go Byron. What fun!
  7. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Perhaps we should start a petition.

"Dear Henson, we want more pictures of Muppets eating muffins..."

:D
  8. muppet_fan_1

muppet_fan_1 Member

Hey Bryon, it's a really great site. Janice is the greatest. Lets us know when you'll be coming out with your next site....? he he he:rolleyes:
  9. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Byron

Wow, Like...Rull Groovy! Fer Sher!

It's a great tribute to Richard and Eren!

Great job!

BTW, I'm E-mailing you right now! ;)
  10. Thanks so much for the nice comments, y'all---and don't forget, when ya visit, there's a guestbook! :D

;)
  11. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

BY!!

Love the site, fur shure, rully!!

I even signed the guestbook!!

Keep up the great work,
    FOZ

(PS, where'd you get the Guy Gilchrist comics?)
  12. Thanks Kev...oh wow, my first "secret" question...

I got 'em from the books. LOL :D Really! I've managed to find all 4 in different flea markets/antique stores over the years...

And lemme tell ya, it was a MUFFIN to get those dang things scanned right, too!! :mad:

But it's all good now. :)
  13. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

What a completely groovy site, Byron!

Things I didn't know:

* that Janice only had ONE appearance in a guest star's room

* that she appeared on a Swedish Chef segment

* that she ever played the trombone

And thanks for exposing the great "rilly"/"rully" controversy. That's been something waiting to explode for decades.

I think you should have a special section (you'd need a credit card number to access it) where you can tell all of your uh, ideas about Janice....dreams, fantasies, illnesses, whatever you want to call it.

Always nice to see a psychosis at work.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  14. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Byron-

Just a little note-
    Janice never appeared in the Muppets Valentine show. Although she was in Sex and Violence (Performed by Fran Brill), she didn't appear in the earlier pilot. Also, to my knowledge, Janice was never in a Chef bit. Let me know which one this was please (I may be overlooking it):)
  15. matleo

matleo Active Member

and actully appeared in the guest stars room in the Harry Belafonte episode too. She's in there when he starts singing "Turn the World aound". So to be more precise it's tha hse one ly had one significant appearancein a guests dressing room. However, I have a picture that shows Anne Murray in the dressing room with Janice, Floyd, Zoot and Teeth. Haven't seen the episode o I'm not sure, but you might want to doubl check that fact. Other than hat, great site!!

--Matt

PS-- I have another little known Janice fact for you. You might want to be sitting down, Byron, this one's a doozy! Janice was originally supposed ot be a man. :eek: In "Of Muppets and Men" they have one of Micheal Frith's deisgn sketches for her and if you look closley at the notes it mentions having whisps of a beard, and if you look even closer you can see those whisps in the sketch. She/he was visually meant to be a parody of Mick Jagger with big lips and really emaciated (I think it even says 'emaciated' on the notes) but they decided to go with making him/her a female instead and so Janice was born. --MKL
  16. Fozzie Bear

Byronious....

Where the heck do I find the books? What's the titles?? I NEED THEM!!

By the way, I've conversed with Guy Gilchrist before...KEWL, HUH!?

He's a very VERY nice person, and I wish more humans were like him.

Or at least more like Janice, fer shure!

FOZ :)
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Byron

Great stuff! Fer Sure! Glad you finally got it uploaded! Janice has deserved her own site for a long time. Hmmm, won't Mokey get jealous?
  18. marinaNmuppets

marinaNmuppets New Member

Hey you guys could probaly get books at a flea market I wasn't even looking for one and I found it. When
    I got the book I couldn't put it down. I got the "of muppets and men" book for about 6 dollars!
  19. Fozzie Bear

Maria...

The Foz is green with envy, which confuses Kermit.
  20. Re: Byron-

Okay, thanks Ryan, I'll change the Valentine thing...

But she was in a Swedish Chef bit. It's the one where the chef has a coffee pot on his head under the hat, and Nurse Janice, Dr. Bob, and Nurse Piggy enter and finish the sketch. ;)