Announcing: "Janice: 'Fer Sure!'"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
BY!!

Love the site, fur shure, rully!!

I even signed the guestbook!!

Keep up the great work,
FOZ

(PS, where'd you get the Guy Gilchrist comics?)

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by FOZZI3B3AR
(PS, where'd you get the Guy Gilchrist comics?)
Thanks Kev...oh wow, my first "secret" question...

I got 'em from the books. LOL :big_grin: Really! I've managed to find all 4 in different flea markets/antique stores over the years...

And lemme tell ya, it was a MUFFIN to get those dang things scanned right, too!! :mad:

But it's all good now. :smile:

Gonzo

Reaction score
What a completely groovy site, Byron!

Things I didn't know:

* that Janice only had ONE appearance in a guest star's room

* that she appeared on a Swedish Chef segment

* that she ever played the trombone

And thanks for exposing the great "rilly"/"rully" controversy. That's been something waiting to explode for decades.

I think you should have a special section (you'd need a credit card number to access it) where you can tell all of your uh, ideas about Janice....dreams, fantasies, illnesses, whatever you want to call it.

Always nice to see a psychosis at work.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Ryan

Reaction score
Byron-

Just a little note-
Janice never appeared in the Muppets Valentine show. Although she was in Sex and Violence (Performed by Fran Brill), she didn't appear in the earlier pilot. Also, to my knowledge, Janice was never in a Chef bit. Let me know which one this was please (I may be overlooking it):smile:

matleo

Reaction score
and actully appeared in the guest stars room in the Harry Belafonte episode too. She's in there when he starts singing "Turn the World aound". So to be more precise it's tha hse one ly had one significant appearancein a guests dressing room. However, I have a picture that shows Anne Murray in the dressing room with Janice, Floyd, Zoot and Teeth. Haven't seen the episode o I'm not sure, but you might want to doubl check that fact. Other than hat, great site!!

--Matt

PS-- I have another little known Janice fact for you. You might want to be sitting down, Byron, this one's a doozy! Janice was originally supposed ot be a man. :eek: In "Of Muppets and Men" they have one of Micheal Frith's deisgn sketches for her and if you look closley at the notes it mentions having whisps of a beard, and if you look even closer you can see those whisps in the sketch. She/he was visually meant to be a parody of Mick Jagger with big lips and really emaciated (I think it even says 'emaciated' on the notes) but they decided to go with making him/her a female instead and so Janice was born. --MKL

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Byronious....

Where the heck do I find the books? What's the titles?? I NEED THEM!!

By the way, I've conversed with Guy Gilchrist before...KEWL, HUH!?

He's a very VERY nice person, and I wish more humans were like him.

Or at least more like Janice, fer shure!

FOZ :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Byron

Great stuff! Fer Sure! Glad you finally got it uploaded! Janice has deserved her own site for a long time. Hmmm, won't Mokey get jealous?

Reaction score
Hey you guys could probaly get books at a flea market I wasn't even looking for one and I found it. When
I got the book I couldn't put it down. I got the "of muppets and men" book for about 6 dollars!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Maria...

The Foz is green with envy, which confuses Kermit.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Re: Byron-

Originally posted by Scooter
Just a little note-
Janice never appeared in the Muppets Valentine show. Although she was in Sex and Violence (Performed by Fran Brill), she didn't appear in the earlier pilot. Also, to my knowledge, Janice was never in a Chef bit. Let me know which one this was please (I may be overlooking it):smile:
Okay, thanks Ryan, I'll change the Valentine thing...

But she was in a Swedish Chef bit. It's the one where the chef has a coffee pot on his head under the hat, and Nurse Janice, Dr. Bob, and Nurse Piggy enter and finish the sketch. :wink: