1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Announcing: "Janice: 'Fer Sure!'"

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by Janice & Mokey's Man, Apr 28, 2002.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Yeah Matt, a few people have commented on the guest star thing, and that's what I meant---Linda Ronstadt's was the only one where Janice appeared ALONE with the guest star and had a significant scene with dialogue only between her and the guest (the 2 other backup thingys came in after Linda and Janice had started talkin').

And yep, I've seen "Of Muppets and Men", and seen the pic. ;) As a matter of fact, Scott "scarecroe" sent me that pic, and I have it up in the rare pics now! :D

Thanks for likin' the site! :)
  2. Kevin, you find 'em where you can get 'em! lol Try ebay and other "used book" sites, and SCOUR the children's book sections in flea markets and antique stores...

And the titles are on the Comics page---read the intro closely, buddy. ;) lol :D

You actually met one of the brothers, that's cool! Where and how?
  3. Re: Byron

Hey, thanks, buddy! And "rully", THANK you SOOOOO much for those AWESOME DVD scans!!! :D

And don't worry much 'bout Mokey...If I get my hands on some great sources, my kinship with her will come to internet fruition. lol ;)
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Hiya!

Guy is more of a "conversing" via email a few times; not a meeting in person, although he has been in Memphis and one of my best buds (you know, Lin--the guy who plays Beetlejuice) has met him and got a free Nancy drawing!

I wouldn't be so lucky!

Well, later on,
    FOZ
  5. tygerbug

tygerbug Member

Heck with Nancy, get a Muppet drawing!

I'd say get a Janice drawing, but I just checked out Byron's site and Janice's design seems to change with every strip even then so I dunno if he'd remember how to do her today! I know he can still do Kermit tho.

I'm actually not surprised you've met him Fozzie ... considering your webpage link is for southern cartoonists ... Guy and Brad are Connecticut folk, but Guy has always had a country music heart. Which gave him a chance to annoy me growing up. =) I didn't mind his Elvis fixation tho.

Great work on the site Byron! I love all the pics, considering they're gorgeous quality DVD caps. The Where's Waldo stuff is waaaayy too small for these eyes though!

Obviously, thanks especially for posting those strips. Someone was talking about the Gilchrist version of Janice in another thread and heck if I could actually remember what that version looked like. She actually reminds me a bit of the Gina Cappucino character in his strip "The Rock Channel" ... dad was always partial to drawing blondes and that may be another thing I can chalk up to me mum ...

I'm amazed you have all those old books. A true Muppamaniac. I think the only one you're missing is "Moving Right Along," which was a nicer Garfield-sized book and woulda been more scannable ...
  6. tygerbug

tygerbug Member

This accidentally got posted twice when I was clicking "back" on my browser.

Fer sher.

And this thing won't lemme delete it, but it will lemme edit it.

Rully.

But lemme use this to toss in some non-Janice Muppet strips. Some of his favorites I assume since they're at his site. I think he had a knack for Piggy.

http://WWW.GILCHRISTSTUDIOS.COM/bookstore/muppets/mupcomics.ASP
  7. tygerbug

tygerbug Member

Here, this is the best I can do at 2:48 in the morning. =)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was a fun thing, but tough. I threw out like rilly about 8 drawings. I now know why dad's Janices look different from strip to strip. She's, like, rilly deceptively hard to draw. Fer sher.

(For designs I like the strip between her and Piggy about gossip the best ... although Piggy calls her Janis! Like Janis Joplin ...)
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Fantastic work!!!
  9. Fozzie Bear

Hiya,

I didn't meant to make it seem that I've met him, tho I'd LOVE to!! And a Muppet Drawing, something like, I dunno...FOZZIE...would be TOO GROOVY!!!

Certainly a great artist, and even better cause he digs Beale Street!!

later,
    FOZ
  10. Jackie

Jackie New Member

I'm your Trash Heap! Awwwwww :) You're my lost and confused Fraggle! LOL!!! FRYMYHIDE!
  11. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

The Trash Heap has spoken! Nyah!
  12. Jackie

Jackie New Member

And Emmy is both Gunge and Philo! ;)
  13. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Wooooo-Hooooooo!

The Trash Heap has spoken! Nyah!

:D
  14. tygerbug

tygerbug Member

What's Beale Street?

Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Beale Street?
  15. Fozzie Bear

Depends, where are you coming from?

Heck, just ride down with your dad (surely, HE knows the way) and tell him Kevin, VP of the MidSouth Cartoonists Association (best buddy ol' pal of Lin Workman who is ex-Prez of MSCA) said to gimme little holla. We'll all go down for some bbq rib racks at Blues City Cafe, then cross the street to BBKing's Blues Club for some rockin blues, man! RadioNate just lives down the road, we'll have him come up, too!

I'll pay for your dad's meal if he draws me some Muppets! ;) Nate can buy your's, so don't eat a lot--he's broke, too.

FOZ
  16. tygerbug

tygerbug Member

Ha! You and my dad would definitely get along, Foz ...
  17. Fozzie Bear

Of COURSE we'd get along famously, good guys wear white hats.

On the other hand, Blues Brothers wear black hats:cool: , so I hope he doesn't mind.

Here's directions to Beale Street:
    E-mail me when you're coming down and I'll give you my phone number.
    Take a plane to Memphis International Airport.
    Call me when you get here.
    I'll pick you up and take you down there.

Easy, huh?

I've told everyone who are regular pals o' mine they're welcome down whenever they want to come over.

FOZ
  18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Mokey must be Soooo Jealous fer sure!!!
  19. Hey, hey---I WANNA make a devoted shrine---I mean, er, "website" (yeah, that's it) for my Mokey, but first I'd need to find that dude who had that website with screen caps from EVERY EPISODE OF FR (or at least most of 'em).

Or dudette. Whichever. lol
  20. Fozzie Bear

The dude, or dudette, might be hiding under a Fraggled Rock!!