Announcing the MuppetCast

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Subscribe? Uh, subscribe to what? Just asking cause I've been able to download all episodes from the main site so far.
There is a button that says "subscribe". I hope that somebody can explain this better.

Anyway, were the audio clips from The Frog Prince used from the special or the soundtrack? It made me wonder if the audio in the soundtrack was completely rerecorded or if the soundtrack just used dialogue from the special (or if it's a little bit of both). While listening it made me realise that some scenes must have been a bit hard to translate to audio.

Erine81981

Reaction score
There is a button that says "subscribe". I hope that somebody can explain this better.

Anyway, were the audio clips from The Frog Prince used from the special or the soundtrack? It made me wonder if the audio in the soundtrack was completely rerecorded or if the soundtrack just used dialogue from the special (or if it's a little bit of both). While listening it made me realise that some scenes must have been a bit hard to translate to audio.
I think the ones that Steve used were from the actual speical but if you were to listen to the record version it's just about the same. There is one song that doesn't sound like the speical. It's the "Frog" song. But it's pretty much the same no matter how it sounds.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
MrsPepper, I'm saddened to hear that you aren't able to listen to the shows! Perhaps I can help you. You aren't the first person who's had trouble listening, so I have a few quick tips that may work. How are you currently trying to listen to the shows?
I am trying to download them using iTunes, because I have an iPod and like to listen to them on my way to and from places. (I did manage to download one of them from June! :smile: It was very good, Steve! I wish I could listen to more.) My computer is kind of old/slow but my actual internet connection is high-speed, so you think it would be okay, but in iTunes it starts downloading, and when you look at the status of the download it says "5 hours remaining" and takes forever! And because my computer's so slow, I can't leave it downloading and do other things like check my browser, because it freezes up. So I don't often get opportunities to leave it downloading while I am gone.

Is there anything you suggest, besides letting it download overnight? :wink:

AngryEwok

Reaction score
I'll jump in here without having read the previous page, but my suggestion would be to download straight from Steve's website and not from iTunes. iTunes gobbles up memory and bandwidth, especially if you're using a browser at the same time. So, try right-click saving on Steve's website, and see if that doesn't have a better result.

If you've already tried that, sorry!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Yep, that's what I was going to suggest as well, AngryEwok. I know that cuts down on the "on-the-go" aspect of being able to listen to it away from home, but that may be your only solution for now MrsPepper.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
And concerning the Frog Prince clips, they were taken from the TV special (many special thanks to Sylindebren).

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I really need an mp3 of the theme song from Sesame Park, the Canadian version of Sesame Street for this Sunday! Can anyone email that over to me at me@muppetcast.com? Thanks!

Specter

Reaction score
I am also a finalist, but I'm not going to say which one I am. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I like how the last two shows have included audio samples of characters from the same performer. Though in the first one, when comparing Jim henson's voices, I think it would have been better to have chosen a song where Dr. Teeth pretty much sings by himself, such as Money, Poision Ivy, or You Can't Take No For an Answer.

In the last one, with Jim Henson and Frank Oz's voices, I noticed that two of the audio clips had Kermit and Fozzie. Was there any reason for this? There are many other clips that could have been used, such as *** Willow (with Rowlf and Sam), I've Got Rhthym (with Rowlf and Fozzie), Breakfast Time (with Ernie and Cookie Monster), Lulu's Back in Town, Up and Down, or something with Kermit and Miss Piggy. I did enjoy hearing the Pigs in Space skit with Dirth Nadir, though. Maybe an audio clip of something with Kermit and Grover could have been included (they haven't sang any songs together).