Another Cleo Laine TMS Update

dbarrie

Reaction score
Hi,

This weekend I took it upon myself to write a letter to the Program Manager at CTS regarding the absence of the TMS episode with the British jazz singer Cleo Laine. It is a follow-up to a conversation I had with the Program Manager nearly a week ago. Don't know how much of an impact this letter will leave, but I feel good about having written it. I mailed it out on Saturday to the CTS office in Burlington, Ontario.

OI MuppetFan

This is what I wrote:

Dear Mr. Sheppard,

I was the viewer who phoned you during the week and asked why the Cleo Laine episode of The Muppet Show didn’t air. You said it was because CTS didn’t receive a good tape of that episode. When I phoned, I had assumed that the tape came directly from Jim Henson Productions. But since our conversation, I learned that this tape came from a distributor. Somebody at a popular Muppets Web site (not a CTS employee) wrote that a distributor had sent the entire series to your station (120 episodes).

The reason why I’m contacting you again is because I wonder if there’s a possibility of contacting whoever sent you this tape about getting another copy, so it can air when TMS goes into its third run? I figure JHP wouldn’t likely send out tapes copied from the masters, so whoever the distributor is maybe didn’t get a good tape when transferring this particular episode. Have you considered contacting the distributor about getting a better copy of the Cleo Laine episode? I know there are many Muppet fans like myself, as well as fans of Dame Cleo, who would all love to see this episode again.

I realize it may be difficult to obtain another copy since TMS is now owned by Disney, but any efforts you can make in getting it back on TV is greatly welcomed and appreciated.

If there’s anything that I (or any other TMS viewers) can do to help, or if you would like to provide any updates, please feel welcome to reach me by regular mail or at oidb73@sympatico.ca.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. I will continue to watch and support TMS and CTS.

Sincerely,

Don Barrie