Another LONG-AWAITED TMS outline--special guest Jeffry Denman!

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
In case you're wondering who Jeffry Denman is, he is a very talented Broadway actor/dancer/singer who appeared in numerous shows including "Cats", "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying", and "The Producers". He also has created a musical, "Dancing In The Dark", which is a homage to Fred Astaire, and choreographed the off-Broadway hit "Naked Boys Singing!". He also wrote a book entitled "One Year With The Producers", about his experience in said show. His website is also up for viewing, http://jeffrydenman.com (and it's a great site. He'll get this sent to him eventually.)

COLD OPENING:

Scooter: "Jeffry Denman, 15 seconds to curtain, Mr. Denman!"

Jeffry: "Thank you, Scooter!"

Scooter: "Boy, it sure is great to have you on the show! You're a monster talent!"

Jeffry: "Thanks, Scooter...but something tells me I'm not the only monster talent here..."

(cut back to find a horde of Muppet monsters hanging out in Jeffry's dressing room)

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER: Robin and Sweetums sing "Me and My Shadow".

Waldorf: "Well, what do you think of that?"

Statler: "You know what they say--the bigger they are, the dumber the musical number!"

Both: "DOHHHH, HO HO HO!"

BACKSTAGE: Miss Piggy is in raptures about performing a Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers number with Jeffry. However, this doesn't stop Kermit and Floyd from making puns.

Kermit: "Wow, Piggy, you're in a good mood!"

Piggy: "And why not? Moi is going to be in a song and dance number with Jeffry Denman, paying homage to Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers!"

Kermit: "Piggy, I hope you know that Jeffry Denman has danced with some of Broadway's most gorgeous dancers."

Floyd: "So why did he decide to dance with HER?"

Piggy: "I think this theatre needs a little less PEPPER in its diet. HIIIIIIIII-YA!"

SONG: Jeffry Denman sings "Pick Yourself Up" and tap dances with Miss Piggy.

BACKSTAGE: Jeffry chit-chats with Rowlf.

Jeffry: "Rowlf! How're ya doin'?"

Rowlf: "Jeffry! It's been a long time!"

Jeffry: "I haven't seen you since I was in CATS!"

Rowlf: "Yep, I remember...you were one of the few good things about working for that show."

Jeffry: "Thanks...one of the FEW good things? You didn't have a good time, Rowlf?"

Rowlf: "Eh, not really. It's not easy to have a good time when they put an invisible fence around my piano so I wouldn't chase the actors."

(enter Rizzo)

Rizzo: "You think YOU had problems? I was busy running FROM the actors!"

SKIT: "Veterinarian's Hospital"--Dr. Bob, Nurse Janice, and Nurse Piggy operate on Gloat.

UK SPOT: Rowlf and the dogs sing "Pekes & Pollicles" (the song Jeffry sang in CATS), with a guest appearance by Animal as the Rumpus Cat.

Statler: "Have I mentioned this show is going to the dogs?"

Waldorf: "Every week!"

Both: "DOHHHHHH, HO HO HO..."

SONG: Jeffry sings "The Way You Look Tonight" with Rowlf on piano and Zoot on sax

BACKSTAGE: Miss Piggy tries to seduce Jeffry into singing another number with her.

CLOSING NUMBER: Jeffry brings Miss Piggy out one more time to sing "A Couple Of Swells".

CLOSING THEME

Statler: "I kinda liked the show this week!"

Waldorf: "So did I!"

Both: "WE MUST BE SICK!"

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
i love it! glad to see another show after a period of absense!

Sarah

GREAT JOB!:excited:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

That was good. I especially liked the "monster talent" and "less PEPPER in his diet" jokes. It could have used some of these though: :smile: :sing: :mad: . Anyway, keep up the good work.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
yAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!:smile:
I love it!
from
BARRY LEE:crazy:

P

Philip Kippel

Another good one Travelling Matt, except that there are no Sesame Street or Fraggle Rock cross-overs.

Still, you wrote another great one.

Can't wait for your next outlines, Travelling Matt.