ANOTHER Muppet reference on Family Guy

Vic Romano

Reaction score
A collarless Kermit and a shotgun, very funny! Man, I love that show!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
No you didn't! No you didn't!!!
*puts fingers in ears
La la la! La la la! I can't hear you!!!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I hate feeling like a killjoy, but I flat out hated this episode of Family Guy. The racist Kermit with a shotgun was despicable, but that didn't even match how offensive the rest of the episode was.

Because this is a family forum, out of sensitivity for younger readers I won't repeat the plot of this episode. But it wasn't funny. Getting "humor" from such a horrible subject, by making Peter's reactions to what happened to him mirror so closely the effects of something so devastating, isn't entertainment.

I usually like Family Guy. Even when the humor is very edgy, I typically laugh at it and enjoy the absurdity of it. But this was very different, and probably hurtful to many people.

Frogster

Reaction score
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.... Vic, this is NOT my Batman glass.

Andy does have a good point. Family Guy, especially since they've been back on the air, has sometimes gone over the edge to be 'edgy'. There's some episodes I do hope I never see again, because it was so offensive. It's a great show at times, with lots of memorable quotes, but it's the subject matter that kinda sets me off.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I see and respect your point, never thought of it that way. I did think it was a very funny episode, but I do see your point. :embarrassed:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I see and respect your point, never thought of it that way. I did think it was a very funny episode, but I do see your point. :embarrassed:
Sorry. I really am, actually--I didn't mean to get up on a soapbox. It probably didn't help that I had (coincidentally) just watched the Quantum Leap episode that dealt with the very same subject, and was very realistic, not a couple of hours before. It just rubbed me the wrong way, that's all. Didn't mean to rain (or worse) on your parade.

Anyway, I usually do love Family Guy, especially when there's a Muppet reference. I'm still amused by the Family Guy appearance of :boo: and :sleep: , followed by Peter's explanation "They don't care for most things."