ANOTHER Muppet reference on Family Guy

Vic Romano

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Sorry. I really am, actually--I didn't mean to get up on a soapbox. It probably didn't help that I had (coincidentally) just watched the Quantum Leap episode that dealt with the very same subject, and was very realistic, not a couple of hours before. It just rubbed me the wrong way, that's all. Didn't mean to rain (or worse) on your parade.

Anyway, I usually do love Family Guy, especially when there's a Muppet reference. I'm still amused by the Family Guy appearance of :boo: and :sleep: , followed by Peter's explanation "They don't care for most things."
It's too late! You've hurt my feelings! WAAH!!!!
*Runs off crying

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
It's too late! You've hurt my feelings! WAAH!!!!
*Runs off crying
No, come back! I'll never say anything bad about a cartoon again!

:wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I hate feeling like a killjoy, but I flat out hated this episode of Family Guy. The racist Kermit with a shotgun was despicable, but that didn't even match how offensive the rest of the episode was.

Because this is a family forum, out of sensitivity for younger readers I won't repeat the plot of this episode. But it wasn't funny. Getting "humor" from such a horrible subject, by making Peter's reactions to what happened to him mirror so closely the effects of something so devastating, isn't entertainment.

Meh... I feel the show is great BECAUSE it's offensive. It still has an edge, and it didn't sag into the mainstream kiddy entertainment that the Simpsons fell into 7 years back. The Finding Nemo joke was funny... but the rest was just dull.

ANyway, the truth is, what comes out of offensive humor is the sad truth! People are like that, sadly. It is supposed to make you think about the problems of the world. Did I enjoy seeing Kermit like that? Maybe a little. It was at least more clever than that imposter Kermit on SNL a few years back.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I actually really enjoyed the Simpsons as well, I was very pleased with that episode and felt like they were really getting back on top.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought Simpsons was good--quite a few good chuckles for me the other night. For some reason, the Homer at the mirror gag has particularly stuck with me...

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Next thing you know they'll do a scene involving Oscar as a homeless person :smirk:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
Next thing you know they'll do a scene involving Oscar as a homeless person :smirk:
Simpsons did something like that once, didn't they? When Homer was a "Bigger Brother" to Pepi, and was walking through his run-down neighborhood, he saw a man living in a dumpster:

"Heh, heh... Just like Oscar the Grouch!"

Here, though, it's not a joke at the expense of homeless people (or Oscar), but rather a joke about Homer's ignorance. To me, that's pretty darn funny.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
yes ive seen the simpsons ep.

As for FG, this is what I'm picturing in my head right now: Peter walks down the street and stops when he sees a trashcan on the sidewalk and out pops Oscar...and yells at him.