Another Muppet Show Episode Outline

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST STAR: NATHAN LANE

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER: Fozzie Bear and various Muppets sing "The King of Broadway" from "The Producers" (with some sanitized lyrics).

STATLER: Do you think Fozzie will ever make it back on Broadway?

WALDORF: Only with a tour group!

BOTH: DOHHHH, HO HO HO...

BACKSTAGE: Fozzie thinks that since Nathan Lane was in "The Producers", he could make Fozzie a successful Broadway producer.

GUEST STAR: Nathan Lane sings "Hakuna Matata" with a Muppet warthog.

STATLER: I'd worry if I was on this show...

WALDORF: Yeah, I'd worry about finding a new agent!

SKIT: "Veterinarian's Hospital", where Dr. Bob, Nurse Janice, and Nurse Piggy operate on Placido Flamingo.

BACKSTAGE: Various Muppets scoff at Fozzie's aim to become a Broadway producer. Fozzie then breaks into the song "I Want To Be A Producer".

UK SPOT: Various Anything Muppets sing "Night Boat To Cairo" with an ample sax solo by Zoot.

TALK SPOT: Kermit and Nathan chat, then sing "Til Him" from "The Producers".

MUPPET LABS: Bunsen invents Virtual Radishes, which he tries to demonstrate on a quite reluctant Boober Fraggle once Beaker goes on strike.

BACKSTAGE: Nathan tells Fozzie he can make it as a producer. They duet with "We Can Do It", then Nathan confesses he can't really get Fozzie a producer job, he just sang the song to make him feel better...but to not give up trying.

SONG: The jugband sings "Barbecue".

WALDORF: It's been a long time since I've been to a barbecue...

STATLER: Ah yes, I *do* remember seeing you in the crowd when they burned Joan of Arc at the stake!

SONG: Nathan Lane serenades Miss Piggy with "Sue Me".

SKIT: "At The Dance"

CLOSING NUMBER: Nathan Lane sings "Betrayed!"

CLOSING THEME/CREDITS

STATLER: Well, Waldorf, what did you think of Nathan Lane?

WALDORF: He may have PLAYED a producer, but not even HE could produce a good show!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

That was really good, maybe you should write a transcript of that.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
A lot of PRODUCERS mentions. Personally, I would have done it differently, since he's famous for more than just The Producers- he's also got A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Guys and Dolls, and The Lion King. Also, five songs for Nathan? That's more than ANYBODY ever had on TMS.

Love the joke about Joan of Arc though.

I haven't seen The Producers on Broadway or heard the music. I HAVE seen the original 1968 film with Zero Mostel. That's probably how I'd write a Nathan Lane Muppet Show episode, more like Mostel's (sans omitting him from the closing number).

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
GUEST STAR: Nathan Lane sings "Hakuna Matata" with a Muppet warthog.
*giggles* Oh, that's a great skit idea. It'd be funnier if the warthog had a voice similar to Pumbaa's.

MUPPET LABS: Bunsen invents Virtual Radishes, which he tries to demonstrate on a quite reluctant Boober Fraggle once Beaker goes on strike.
LOL! I don't blame either of them (Beaker for going on strike, Boober for not wanting to test the virtual radishes)!

WALDORF: It's been a long time since I've been to a barbecue...

STATLER: Ah yes, I *do* remember seeing you in the crowd when they burned Joan of Arc at the stake!
*snickers* And the old jokes just go further and further back in time! Pretty soon we'll be having these guys around when the wheel was invented.

A nice job with that one, Matt.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
I like how you freely mix Muppet Show characters, Sesame Street characters, and Fraggle Rock characters. It would be great if they actually did that on the new show...