Another Muppet Show Outline

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST STAR: TIM CURRY

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER: Sweetums sings "I Can't Help It" (Herry Monster's song from "Sesame Street") while (inadvertantly) demolishing the set for the opening number.

STATLER: Bravo! Bravo! I loved it!

WALDORF: What are you talking about? That number was terrible!

STATLER: I know! But if he wrecks the stage we won't have to come back for a long time.

WALDORF: Bravo! Bravo! More! More!

BACKSTAGE: Gonzo, in an attempt to win over Tim Curry, tries cross-dressing. Tim, however, does not want to sing any Rocky Horror songs, but does promise a song in which he wears an elaborate costume.

GUEST STAR: Tim Curry sings "A Professional Pirate" from Muppet Treasure Island.

THE SWEDISH CHEF: The Swedish Chef is about to make an egg omelet when suddenly his egg hatches and out pops a baby version of Frazzle. The Chef still tries to cook the egg when adult Frazzle shows up and starts chasing the Chef.

STATLER: They've got to be more careful about who they let in this place.

(Frazzle pops up in the box and starts chasing Statler)

FRAZZLE: ARRRGGHHHLGHGLHGLLLLGHHHLLHHHGGHH!!!!

WALDORF: (over Frazzle's yelling and Statler's screaming for help) Then again, maybe not!

SONG: The Electric Mayhem play "Boom Boom" with Floyd on lead vocals.

BACKSTAGE: Gonzo dresses up as a proper English butler to impress Tim Curry. Tim spots this and tells Gonzo to get a "Clue".

SKIT: "At The Dance", interrupted by Frazzle chasing the Swedish Chef.

UK SPOT: Fozzie, dressed as an English dustman circa the early part of the 20th century, sings "With A Little Bit O' Luck" with Scooter and Rowlf supplying backup vocals.

TALK SPOT: Kermit and Tim Curry discuss the many movies he's appeared in, and Gonzo shows up in outfit after outfit from the various films. (Frank N. Furter...then a Navy costume for "Sgt. Bilko"...then finally he wears a blond wig and screams a la Macauley Culkin at mention of "Home Alone 2".)

SKIT: Fozzie Bear, in homage to Tim Curry, does his entire routine in drag.

STATLER: The only thing that's "in drag" is your act!

WALDORF: I know! You've been "dragging" for years, bear!

CLOSING NUMBER: Tim Curry finally gives in and sings "Sweet Transvestite", with Kermit and Miss Piggy as Brad and Janet, and Uncle Deadly, Janice, and Annie Sue as the servants.

CLOSING THEME

WALDORF: Well, I'm off to see Rocky Horror...

STATLER: You still want to go out this late at night?

WALDORF: No! I'm going home to Astoria!

BOTH: DOHHHH, HO HO HO...

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Travelling Matt, these are just getting better and better! The Statler & Waldorf comments on Sweetums' number, the Chef spot, and the end are first-rate, the parts with Sweetums and Frazzle are perfect. UK Spot is well-chosen; British themes (and costumes) were often highlights of the UK Spots.

One thing I've noticed is that you do tend to lean rather heavily on the outside work of the guest stars. The one problem with this is that if you're unfamiliar with a guest's notable work (like me, for example- I've heard of RHPS but never seen it) then you're bound to take away less from the episode as someone who is familiar with the outside work. I didn't really get the RHPS jokes, having never seen the film. Nor did I really get the Producers stuff with Nathan Lane, having seen the film but heard none of the music for the stage show. Most guests from the show, I do believe, don't tend to parody or reprise their own notable work, recording artists excepted (they do reprise some of their greatest hits). This is just something you may want to keep in mind for the future as a way of including more people in the humor of your outlines.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Excellent job once again, Matt. I liked the skit from "My Fair Lady;" did Fozzie sing with a Cockney accent too :wink:

BACKSTAGE: Gonzo dresses up as a proper English butler to impress Tim Curry. Tim spots this and tells Gonzo to get a "Clue".
HALLE-FLIPPIN'-LUJAH! I'm not the only person who's seen this movie!

-Kim