Another Muppet Show Outline

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST STAR: MATTHEW BRODERICK

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER: Dr. Teeth & the Electric Mayhem play "The Impression That I Get".

STATLER: I get the same impression of this show every week.

WALDORF: Me too.

BOTH: IT STINKS! DOHHH HO HO HO...

BACKSTAGE: Kermit is planning the show when Fozzie approaches him, claiming he's polishing his act by doing nothing but comedy 24/7. He then does improvisational comedy with anything around him (think the episode of "Full House" when Joey goes on "Star Search"). He finally drives Kermit so nuts that the frog has to shoo him away.

GUEST STAR: Matthew Broderick sings "That Face" from "The Producers" with Miss Piggy.

PIGGY: Eat yer heart out, Sarah Jessica!!!

BACKSTAGE: Gonzo tells Kermit he has a great new act planned...Mexican dancing, and his instructor is arriving soon.

SKIT: The Muppet melodrama, where Miss Piggy is being tied to the railroad tracks by Wander McMooch (of Fraggle Rock fame). Instead of Wayne as the valiant hero coming to save her, Uncle Deadly shows up and claims McMooch is his brother, and is trying to steal the spotlight. The two villains argue and Piggy just gets up (tracks and all) and walks away unnoticed.

UNCLE DEADLY: You just never *could* get over the fact that I was the more menacing villain. Even when we were training together in villain school, you had to criticize everything I did. I wasn't tying my victims up tight enough, you said...

WANDER McMOOCH: Oh, come ON! You couldn't tie up a telephone line!

MUPPET NEWSFLASH: The Newsman interviews Lawrence G. Hornbeck (Matthew), who can imitate Frank Sinatra while spitting out peach pits.

BACKSTAGE: Kermit is lamenting about how everything is going wrong, when Gonzo's Mexican dance teacher shows up--Grover. Grover does the Mexican waiter dance (complete with tray and sombrero) and when he drops the tray like he always does, salsa falls on Kermit. Gonzo then tries it...and more food falls on the frog. To top it all off, Fozzie laments that red isn't Kermit's color (as that's the color of the salsa that fell on him), and Kermit yells at all of them--"WILL YOU ALL GET OUT OF HERE??!!! Sheesh!"

KERMIT: What else could possibly go wrong tonight?

GROVER: HEEEYYYY, FROGGIE BABYYYYY!!!

VETERINARIAN'S HOSPITAL: Dr. Bob, Nurse Piggy, and Nurse Janice operate on Travelling Matt, who is preoccupied with writing a postcard to his nephew Gobo.

UK SPOT: Fozzie Bear sings "Get Me To The Church On Time" while anticipating the nuptials with his bride (who turns out to be Gorgon Heap in drag).

TALK SPOT: Kermit laments to Matthew Broderick about how bad the show is going, what with Fozzie's puns and. Matthew regales him with a few anecdotes about life on movie sets and on Broadway, and how things always go wrong but not to make a big deal of it. He then performs a rendition of "I Believe In You" from "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying".

SKETCH: Gonzo does his Mexican waiter dance....however he drops his tray (filled with food) on Animal, who gets mad and chases Gonzo offstage.

STATLER: Remind me, if I ever take Animal out to lunch, not to have anything on him!

BOTH: DOHHH, HO HO HO...

CLOSING NUMBER: Matthew Broderick and all the Muppets sing "The Brotherhood of Man".

CLOSING THEME

STATLER: That Matthew Broderick can do it all...

WALDORF: Not really! He didn't improve THIS show!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Newsflash and UK Spot are pure genius! Newsflash very first season, fits exactly with the names they used in Season One.

Don't know how you can put so many of these out so fast.

Stay tuned for my upcoming outline of The Muppet Show with special guest star Sammy Davis Jr.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Just wait until the one I have planned with special guest star Mel Brooks! Mel's one of my heroes, so you know I'll pull out all the stops on this one.

I can't wait to hear your Sammy Davis, Jr. one!

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
P.S. The "Lawrence G. Hornbeck" name is one I invented from numerous sources--there was a character in a book I read in 5th grade by D. Manus Pinkwater entitled "Lizard Music" named Lawrence Lawrence, which I found amusing (footnote: a few years later I would meet someone named George George. I kid you not). The last name "Hornbeck" is derived from a character Gene Kelly played in one of my favorite movies, "Inherit the Wind". Gene played the part of E.K. Hornbeck, who was a newspaper editor, and his portrayal of Hornbeck stood out in my mind because he proved to me with this role that he was more than a song-and-dance man. (Not that I dislike him as a song and dance man, mind you...)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I remember the "Full House"/"Star Search" episode. That was hilarious. How Joey (Dave Coulier) annoyed everyone by his improvisational comic act. It would be funny to see Fozzie doing the same thing. Also, I really liked your idea of the appearance by Grover. I remember his: HEY FROGGIE BABY!!!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Mel Brooks! Can't wait. Just remember to give him the opportunity to do stuff he hasn't done before.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole