1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

ANOTHER Muppet T-Shirt Design Contest

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TheMonsterAteMe, Sep 12, 2011.

1. TheMonsterAteMe

TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

2. Walter

Walter Active Member

Sounds cool! but the contest packet link wasn't working.. so I'll have to wait till they fix that!:electric:
  3. welovefine

welovefine New Member

Hi everyone. Our submission kit link is working now, so please send in your designs when you are ready. And good luck!
    frogboy4 likes this.
  4. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Cool! Gotta get to work I guess, lol.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Eeeek! Sigh...if there's time i'll try to do this one too. First, does anyone know how the selection process works?
  6. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i might try i suck at drawing but hey lol
  7. TimmyMonsterIL

TimmyMonsterIL Active Member

I would love for the submission from the threadless contest with Kermit flying away w/ all the balloons to be submitted for this contest. Seems like a good entry for the theme!
    frogboy4 likes this.
  8. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It seems you need to sign up in order to even look at the submissions, you need to sign up. But I don't really feel like signing up unless I'm going to submit a design. I'd like to, but not sure if I have the right resources to d so.
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I thought the same thing, but i clicked the "2 designs submitted" text after signing up and logging in and it took me to the sign-up page again. Their site is either buggy not showing them yet. Voting starts tomorrow so they'll probably show them then.

I hope that this isn't a rehash of the Threadless contest designs. Some of those were fantastic, but technically those entries can't be resubmitted for another month or so without their consent. Plus, i just want to see new stuff.

I have a couple of ideas, but still might sit this one out. I'll be working a 60 hours starting this week. :sympathy:
  10. Jasonzilla

Jasonzilla New Member

I didn't have time to get my Threadless design in, so I might try to submit it to this contest. My problem is getting my drawing from paper to a decent digital image. I have Adobe Illustrator, and a Classroom in a Book for it....but what I lack is the time to sit down and figure that darn program out. Oh well....maybe I'll just use MS Paint. :D
    frogboy4 likes this.
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Look up the tutorial on the "Live Trace" tool in Illustrator. That's where it would be. Hope this helps.
    Jasonzilla likes this.
  12. Jasonzilla

Jasonzilla New Member

I'll give it a go, thanks.
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I just had a thought... if someone submitted something to the other, would they then be disqualified? Especially if it was someone who had a top design in the last contest.

I'm sure somehow, there would be something on some level, either by site management or by the other submitters.

I bet we'll see a lot of Adventure Time pastiches too.

Again, technology is going to make me sit this one out... not that I like contests anyway, but Adventure has the potential for better concepts than friendship. I can envision a LOT of stuff I'd consider submitting, though most of them are too esoteric to consider.
  14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I don't see how it would. Never seen a contest with such rules. However, I think this round will probably go to somebody other than me or the stripey shirt guy. There are about 5 artists I'm watching with interest.

Still wondering if my new 60 hour work week will allow for enough time to contribute something.
  15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Surprised I never heard of We Fine. From what I can tell(even tho its a bit to Pony/Brony heavy for my taste) I like the vibe and style of their shirts way more than threadless. Threadless just feels a tad bit *too* hipsterish(and Im a total hipster! lol)
    I actually feel more free to come up with something dashing and fun with this than I did with the Threadless contest.
  16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I say just had draw it and scan it into photoshop. Thats all I ever do. I never got illustrator or flash. I do another method for clean line art to get a vectorish look...basically I pencil and ink on paper, scan, then add a layer where i use various curved lines to go replace the ink.
    Jasonzilla likes this.
  17. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

18. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

19. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Well, it's official. I will have no time to complete a shirt by the deadline, but i had my fun and it will be great to enjoy this contest purely as a fan! Saying that, I have hope that some good stuff is going to come right under the wire at 11:59 pm (Pacific Standard Time) this Sunday. I'll be just getting home from work then. Here are my top 10 faves of the 108 entries so far:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]