The Wind and the Pond and the Moon and Me
Let Me Be Your Song (third time)
Dance Your Cares Away (third time)
Terrible Tunnel
Turn Your Buttons Down (second time)
You're On Your Own
I've Seen Troubles
Yucky

All by artists I've never heard of, but you might have.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Somehow, I'm a Little Stewpot should have been metal. Or at least something sort of wacky, Frank Zappa-esque. Instead, they went for weird music with women moaning the lyrics like Tina from Bob's Burgers.

Hey Henson... how about releasing the original songs instead?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I listened to both albums and I do not like what was done to the music. A lot of it is heavy metal or punk material. Call me a purist, but I like all the original versions of the songs from the show.

Anyone else?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly don't understand why they don't just release the original music, but it defeats the purpose of a cover album to not screw around with the musical arrangements. Then you get karaoke, not a cover album.

I'll admit, "I'm a Little Stewpot" is the only preview I listened to. Metal, punk, whatever... that's all well and good, but monotone droning women isn't a style of music I like. Personally, as far as cover albums go, I really liked that 1990's Saturday morning cover album. You know, the one where the Ramones dramatically improve the 1960's Spider-Man theme (the best thing about that lousy show)? Not saying every track on that one was gold, but they were mostly great covers.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
You know, the one where the Ramones dramatically improve the 1960's Spider-Man theme (the best thing about that lousy show)? Not saying every track on that one was gold, but they were mostly great covers.
I wouldn't say that was the only good thing about the 1960s Spider-Man cartoon. I think it's pretty cool myself- it had a number of classic Spider-Man villians on there and was very faithful to the comics in general. :smile:
I thought at least some of the Fraggle Rock original music had been released to CD- what about that Fraggle Rockin' CD release a few years back?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that was the only good thing about the 1960s Spider-Man cartoon. I think it's pretty cool myself- it had a number of classic Spider-Man villians on there and was very faithful to the comics in general. :smile:
I thought at least some of the Fraggle Rock original music had been released to CD- what about that Fraggle Rockin' CD release a few years back?
GonzoLeaper, maybe this link will answer your question.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Fraggle_Rockin':_A_Collection

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yeah- that's the one I was talking about. So that's at least 45 Fraggle Rock songs released to CD anyway.:busy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Those songs were all rereleases of different albums and had many duplicated songs as a result. There's still so many songs that would be great for them to remaster and release that have only been on the show (I'm a Little Stewpot being one of them).

I think what we'd really like is a collection of songs that were never released on any format, LP, CD, or cassette. I'll give credit to the cover albums for attempting to get more obscure Fraggle songs out there.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Oh, okay.:sigh: :smirk: Well, maybe iTunes would be the way to go for that......:coy: :busy:
(Though a nice, commemorative boxed CD set would be cool too- one with never before released Fraggle Rock songs.):dreamy::excited: :drool: