1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Another Nice Find

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by D'Snowth, Sep 29, 2012.

1. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Found this while browsing through Google Images:

[IMG]

Save for an anachronism (which in this case is a very minor quibble), this is one of the most impressive illustrated representations of the street I have ever seen!
    Cindy, cjd874, minor muppetz and 7 others like this.
  2. mr3urious Well-Known Member

What anachronism?
  3. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Elmo's brownstone, and the other apartments in the background, considering the illustration depicts the street of the 70s.
  4. SSLFan Well-Known Member

This picture is very beautiful and symbolic. Great find 'Snowth.
  5. Hayley B Active Member

That is really nice.
  6. DrDientes Active Member

Wow! It's impressive.
  7. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

There's another one of 123, I believe; I'm pretty sure these were sold as posters or something. It's gorgeous and I'd love to hang it on a wall somewhere. Hopefully a wall of my own.
  8. DrDientes Active Member

[IMG]

Here it is. It's from an art exhibit called UnReal State, from Tim Doyle.
    Cindy, cjd874, Muppet fan 123 and 2 others like this.
  9. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The name definitely rings a bell.

But both are simply just way too awesome for words to even describe.
    DrDientes likes this.
  10. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

This is fantastic! I can imagine Mr. Hooper closing up for the night, and everybody on the street going to bed.
    Sesame Skates likes this.
  11. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Take a look at this:
    [IMG]
    The artist wrote an article on this, saying his father worked for CTW during the 70s, that he brought him to the studio to visit on day in 1970, and he didn't recognize the street at first, because beforehand, he had only seen the original straight street, on a black-and-white TV.

This kind of reminds me of the kind of work Jamie has done on the various graphics throughout MC.
  12. fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Somebody swiped Oscar's can! (Gasp!)
  13. Hubert Well-Known Member

Wow, that art there is so realistic and wonderful. It almost has the feel of a photograph.

I'm hoping it was just garbage day. :grouchy:
  14. cjd874 Well-Known Member

If you look closely, you can see Bruno the Trashman in the first picture, and Ernie and Bert in the window of 123 in the second picture. (Well, I think it's E&B, anyway. I could be wrong.)
  15. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I had no idea there was a video showing off the work that was put into this... it's AWESOME; here, watch it, right now, this minute, don't put it off, watch it.
    JazzyAlphabet likes this.