Another of My Random/Trivial Observations

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sometimes when I get to thinking about the street, I notice how in the very late 80s/early 90s, elements of the sets that were once just painted on (like brickwalls on the buildings and such) were actually built up, and we actually had such textures and such.

One thing I always kind of wished they could do for the set to futher make it a little more realistic is if they were able to sort of lift up the buildings and sidewalk, thus, creating a curb: how interesting would that be? And like maybe in front of one of the buildings, or at either end of the street, they could paint a storm drain and such? Besides, how often, IRL, do you come across sidewalks being on the same level as the pavement? I noticed in the original studio, they did seem to paint a darker area on the edge of the sidewalk, I guess to create an illusion of a curb, but not afterward that first season.

Maybe one day I'll modify my SST scale model and create such a curb for it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, I just forgot... there were curbs in CEOSST: outside the skating rink, along the way, outside a nearby variety store, etc.

Yeah, I know I think about silly little things too much, but I still think there could be benefits if the set had curbs.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yet ANOTHER trivial observation:

For the first 25 years, Big Bird's nest area was essentially a construction site: the doors blocked off the site, and for a number of years, behind his nest was an excavation scene (rickety fence, brick wall with peeling parchment, etc), then of course we know eventually Around the Corner came along. Perhaps all this time, that's what was under construction next to 123, ATC.

Though eventually, they recycled parts of ATC... elements of Furry Arms and Finder's Keepers made up the dead-end alley next to Big Bird's nest area by Season 30.