Another Re-Write is in Store (Not sure whether >:( or <:( icons are appropriate)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For those of you who haven't heard, yes, T*K*O HAS been renewed for one more season; the fourth and final season was slated to premiere early January but something has happened... as you all know I have a new computer now, on my old computer, all of the episodes (the ones that I had finished anyway) were saved in Microsoft WORKS... a program that isn't on my new computer. I backed them up but shortly after that I tried to open them via Miscrosoft WORD, but that ended up corrupting the files. I then downloaded a WORKS converter that was supposed to convert WORKS files to WORD files, so I tried that with the back-up files and the conversion worked, but those files ended up being corrupted too!

So once again I'm going to have to re-write the entire season (that was finished) ALL OVER AGAIN, and let me tell you, I am SICK of doing all of the re-writes!!!:mad: :grouchy: :cry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Sorry, Snowth. :frown:
Me too... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh Snowthy I'm sorry to hear that. Just take your time and know that we'll be patiently awaiting it whenever you can get it posted. (((HUGS))) and Muffins for you.

christyb

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that. A pointer for next time because I ran into this problem a lot before I stopped using Works and just went with word...save the files as a rich text file! Anything will open that.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I think anything can open a .doc too.

Or open it in notepad. Notepad is my hero!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I opened a couple in NotePad, and they were there alright, but now I understand what Pepper was talking about when I tried to forward a few scripts to her and she said they came out all gibberish...

This WILL make the re-writes just a little easier because now I know I haven't really lost any of the original content.

Thanks for the tip Sarah!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Notepad and copy and paste. Always works for me!