Another Sesame Street / Muppet Skit on MAD TV on Fox

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
You have to give it to MAD TV on Fox. Although everyone doesn't like em, the most recent SS appearance was pretty involved.

It included Big Bird losing his nest because of adjustable mortgage rates, Gordon losing his job and being an ice cream man singing a song about the economy with some "kids", a play on the old skit where the shadow guy says "B" and the silhouette woman says "Bankrupt", Cookie Monster saying he had to cut his own foot off (or maybe eat it) because he didn't have national health insurance and has diabetes and is now an amputee, and back with Big Bird talking to Gordon and the kids about the economy. The kids ask what they can do to help, and Gordon says you can come work for me . . . "this ice cream cart doubles as a mobile meth lab," says Gordon. And out pops the Swedish Chef. "Bork bork bork"........"The Chef is the best cooker in town!" exclaims Gordon as the kids scream yay!

Not for the faint of heart, but whatever your politics it was pretty funny to me (no political discussion here.) Wait for it on youtube.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:insatiable: It's funny. I know it will offend many fans, but not me. You can tell the cast and writers are making fun of a beloved show they grew up with and injecting some social commentary. :wisdom:

muppet baby

Reaction score
You have to give it to MAD TV on Fox. Although everyone doesn't like em, the most recent SS appearance was pretty involved.

It included Big Bird losing his nest because of adjustable mortgage rates, Gordon losing his job and being an ice cream man singing a song about the economy with some "kids", a play on the old skit where the shadow guy says "B" and the silhouette woman says "Bankrupt", Cookie Monster saying he had to cut his own foot off (or maybe eat it) because he didn't have national health insurance and has diabetes and is now an amputee, and back with Big Bird talking to Gordon and the kids about the economy. The kids ask what they can do to help, and Gordon says you can come work for me . . . "this ice cream cart doubles as a mobile meth lab," says Gordon. And out pops the Swedish Chef. "Bork bork bork"........"The Chef is the best cooker in town!" exclaims Gordon as the kids scream yay!

Not for the faint of heart, but whatever your politics it was pretty funny to me (no political discussion here.) Wait for it on youtube.

some of the things that get made fun of is really sad i mean the all the muppets are so great i mean some of it can be funny i mean some of the family guy things for example .

oh well hmmmm i will admit i did not see this mad tv one that u are speaking of , but things happen at times that go to far for some . That is sad when that hapens

Drtooth

Reaction score
:insatiable: It's funny. I know it will offend many fans, but not me. You can tell the cast and writers are making fun of a beloved show they grew up with and injecting some social commentary. :wisdom:
I admit, i like these... but I still think that they make SS look like a rinky dink 90's The Learning Channel type deal. But then again, it's their low budget.

And someone's gotta tell them Soft Shoe sillouettes is from Electric Company.