Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

Drtooth

Reaction score
This was found by Oscarfan in another thread.

However, this abomination appeared in the trailers:

Seriously? "Marketing VISIONARY BEHIND TELETUBIES?" The fact that you had to make up words ("Adventurific") to make the character's personalities? And poor, poor, poor Chloris Leachmen and Christopher Lloyd.
Where to begin? Where to begin?

The 1990's called. They want their cheaply produced in someone's basement Barney the Dinosaur knockoff that's in the 1 dollar VHS bin back.

This one one of the few times where I'd RATHER see CGI.

No, seriously... there is NOTHING more dated than cheap full body suits that look like they came from those places you get sort of Elmo looking red monster and Sort of Spider-Man looking super hero for poor kid's birthday parties. I think I'm selling sort of Elmo looking red monster short.

Uh....

Are they trying to make this a brand? I swear I saw these hideous things doing PSA's for Haiti like 2 years ago when Haiti happened that are still on today. And if they are, I'm sure the kids that have been accustomed to the relative wit, sophistication, and quality of Dora the Explorer will only scoff at this one.

Talking goldfish?

I got your talking goldfish right here...

Insert overused Futurama meme, while we're at it...

Uh...

From the marketing genius behind Teletubbies...

Isn't that the religious guy who said stuff about Tinky Winky so that people actually paid attention to that crap?

Oh wait no... the genius marketer behind Teletubbies, Thomas the Tank Engine, and something else...

OH! I got it. Some guy who used to work for HIT until he was fired! AH! Makes sense.

If no one wanted to see Elmo in Grouchland or Barney's Big Adventure in theaters, what makes them think anyone's going to let their 2 year old kid drag them to this...

and uh...

I think I lost 20 I.Q. points and 3 years of my life watching that....

(Out of breath panting)..

I'm done... you?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
No, no, no. Not "Marketing genius", "Marketing VISIONARY"

And apparently, the characters actually existed before this movie:

(Uploaded in 2009 that video) I thought these were just things made for this movie. Who the heck even heard of these characters then? What made them popular enough to warrant their own picture?

Drtooth

Reaction score
(Uploaded in 2009 that video) I thought these were just things made for this movie. Who the heck even heard of these characters then? What made them popular enough to warrant their own picture?
Can be answered with another overused meme...

Joking aside, these things were created for some reason, whatever it is, and were used in a series of crappy PSA's. This is what happened when I tired looking these horrid things up...

However, I found THIS article about the whole thing...

http://dadnabbit.com/in-the-oogieloves-no-one-can-hear-you-scream/

it adds a whole extra level of terrible to the film.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes, indeed they were, it's too bad since then they've never come up with anything quite so good.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Banana Splits were like the SST of classic Saturday Morning in a sense... after all, we know that even though SST isn't a Henson show, Jim did contribute to it by creating Muppet characters specifically for the show; similarly, even though the Banana Splits were a Hanna-Barbera show, it was really Sid & Marty Krofft who designed and built the characters and the sets and everything.

But I digress.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I saw the trailer for this couple of times. My gosh, does this look bad. Not even the 'comic relief' fish looks entertaining. Oh, Cloris Leachman, Christopher Lloyd, how much did they pay you to say that dialogue? I'll double it if you find a way to get your scenes cut!

But hey, who knows? Maybe it won't be that bad after all...
Who am I kidding? This is worse than Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny (okay, maybe not that bad).

Well, this movie is supposed to encourage kids to scream their heads off in a movie theater. Well, I'm sure young first-time movie-goers who see this won't spend their childhood thinking that the movies is a place to be noisy.