Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
"...The Oogieloves In The BIG Balloon Adventure arrives on DVD exclusively available at Walmart as well as on Digital Download and Video On Demand..."

Alrighty then. I think my fears of this actually suceeding on home video are pretty much set to not come true. For the well-being of young children everywhere, I am very grateful of that.

...and the cover art looks like the poster where the Oogieloves are surrounded by balloons.
I absolutely love the heading on the cover!

"The first ever Oogieloves movie!" Umm... guys, this is the first ever Oogieloves... well... anything. (And for the sake of it's original creators, I refuse to call the My Bedbugs show an Oogieloves related thing)

Also, this film got nominated for two Razzies, including Worst Picture.
You know a movie's bad when I'm rooting for it to win a Razzie over Battleship. And I'm sure that Oogieloves would still get my "support" (for lack of a better term) if I ever bothered to watch That's My Boy! or The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part II.

So, did Cloris Leachman, Christopher Lloyd, Cary Elwes, AND Jaime Pressley owe people money or something?

For the awnser to the above question, I direct you all to 1:18.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Chloris talks a little bit more (emphasis on "a little bit") about why she does 'children's films'.
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/cartoon-...s-why-she-likes-voice-acting-money-69147.html
Yes, interviewer, by all means treat the Muppets as though they're merely children's entertainment. Ignore the episode of the Muppet Show where Alice Cooper guest starred, and Gonzo wanted to sell his soul to the Devil. Ignore Pepe's dirty talk. Ignore any 'adult' humor the Muppets have done in the past (there's a lot of it). Though I'm not surprised people still assume the Muppets are merely for the kids.

Okay, I'm overthinking/exaggerating that. We were talking about the Ooglieloves... so who here has actually seen it? I have no intention to (unless, like Drtooth mentioned, the RiffTrax gang does a commentary on it), but I'm curious about people's take on it.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Yes, interviewer, by all means treat the Muppets as though they're merely children's entertainment. Ignore the episode of the Muppet Show where Alice Cooper guest starred, and Gonzo wanted to sell his soul to the Devil. Ignore Pepe's dirty talk. Ignore any 'adult' humor the Muppets have done in the past (there's a lot of it). Though I'm not surprised people still assume the Muppets are merely for the kids.
Ah yes. I fondly remember being picked on in high school for liking The Muppets... by the girls who loved Twilight and High School Musical. Really, if you're gonna pick on me for liking something, make it Barney, would you please? :laugh:

We were talking about the Ooglieloves... so who here has actually seen it? I have no intention to (unless, like Drtooth mentioned, the RiffTrax gang does a commentary on it), but I'm curious about people's take on it.
I saw it on opening weekend (and it was gone from my local cinema right after that) because of my intrest in studying children's entertainment. It's honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life, if not the worst children's film.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I think Zoozie's dress at the premire is cute.
Also, I wonder who won that Oogieloves contest mentioned a few pages ago...have they announced it?
Ah yes. I fondly remember being picked on in high school for liking The Muppets... by the girls who loved Twilight and High School Musical. Really, if you're gonna pick on me for liking something, make it Barney, would you?
Wow, that's sad. I was never picked on for liking any babyish cartoons as a kid.

Chloris talks a little bit more (emphasis on "a little bit") about why she does 'children's films'.
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/cartoon-...s-why-she-likes-voice-acting-money-69147.html

Okay, I'm overthinking/exaggerating that. We were talking about the Ooglieloves... so who here has actually seen it? I have no intention to (unless, like Drtooth mentioned, the RiffTrax gang does a commentary on it), but I'm curious about people's take on it.
The only children's thing I've seen Chloris Leachman done besides this was a series of SchoolHouse Rock videos in the 80's...I never knew she did other kids' things!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Wow, that's sad. I was never picked on for liking any babyish cartoons as a kid
I would get picked on for liking Looney Tunes... yet liking Space Jam is absolutely okay. :attitude: And liking the Muppets was a huge problem, but mention Muppet Treasure Island or maybe Muppets from Space around people my age and they get on the extreme nostalgia goggles.

Anyway... the fact that Oogieloves DVD distribution is so limited basically shows what a massive failure this movie is. That and the fact that bonus features are borderline non-existent. No way this thing will ever break even.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
...the fact that Oogieloves DVD distribution is so limited basically shows what a massive failure this movie is. That and the fact that bonus features are borderline non-existent. No way this thing will ever break even.
But John... this is going to be a TRILOGY! And the next two will make money... right?

The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure! Coming soon to a Wal-Mart $5 DVD bin near you!