Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Did you forget it's already been confirmed they're doing a sequel for Nemo? Supposedly coming out in 2015, I believe.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's no doubt they're doing a sequel. I just think they're smarter than making the same film twice. There hasn't been a shred of plotline leaked, but I'm sure they have an interesting twist to continue the characters. Again, much like when "Sequel to Monsters Inc" was announced, no one thought it would be a prequel and no one thought it would be about them in college. I'm assuming they felt they said all they needed to say in Monsters Inc, so a direct sequel (even though Boom gave us a very good one) would have felt unnecessary.

So I highly doubt Finding Nemo 2 will be "Holy Carp! We lost Nemo again."

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Personally, I'd fine with a more "next generation Nemo" if they can do it right, I mean even though the plots of the Toy Story movies are all different there's a sense of consistency... anybody remember the last time Pixar did a movie that was a sequel and was a full 180 from the original film?

Yeah, let's once again forget this movie exists.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cars 2 was still about racing. The spy thing, I don't get why they still did it, but it oddly enough worked. At the very least, Cars 2 looked better than the first one. All the real effort of that movie went into the scenic backgrounds. The first one, while a better story, was stuck in that muddy gulch for most of the film. Not very visually appealing.

Like I said before, I'd like to see a movie mostly about the Aquarium gang trying to get used to the ocean, and having a miserable go at it. Nemo's story may have been tied up, but the story was just beginning for those fish.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Today, the Oogieloves DVD came out, and I saw it on WalMart's shelves while trying to look for the new "Animaniacs" DVD that came out today. Fittingly, the display it was on was RIGHT NEXT to the five dollar DVD bin, which held titles like Uncle Buck and Valliant in it, rather than the Oogieloves. I would have placed one of the DVD's of Oogieloves in there, but I didn't. It's not only a WalMart exclusive, it's on my local Stop and Shop's RedBox like most of you expected it to be, so if you want to see it, RedBox's your best bet!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if being released on DVD will give this an ironic cult following. That's the only thing it seems to be good for. I don't know how many more times I can beg for Rifftrax to do a well deserved slaughtering of this film, but this film needs to get out to the ironic public. It's screaming for all the abuse it deserves.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I wonder if being released on DVD will give this an ironic cult following. That's the only thing it seems to be good for. I don't know how many more times I can beg for Rifftrax to do a well deserved slaughtering of this film, but this film needs to get out to the ironic public. It's screaming for all the abuse it deserves.
Well, when I was at WalMart looking for the Animaniacs DVD, I saw a little girl in a shopping cart who picked out 3 DVDS: Oogieloves, SpongeBob (for her older brother, maybe?) and another CGI direct-to-video movie about fish that wasn't The Reef. (which the girl held in her hands).
About RiffTrax, I've checked their comments, and most people are requesting that they do The Avengers, and I was the only one who asked them to do Oogieloves. And another thing-I couldn't find the whole movie uploaded to YouTube, only reaction videos.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Doing The Avengers instead of a truly terrible thing like Oogieloves is a waste of their talent. Avengers wasn't at all stodgy a super hero film (I could see why they do the Nolan Batman films), it was nothing but fun and playful at that. That's like saying "Let's make fun of something done by Rembrandt and totally ignore the restoration Jesus picture."