Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Intended or unintended pun.

By no means did that show make any sense on any level. I don't even see how they could have sold the concept. I guess they just said "British Barney" and they saw dollar signs. All I can remember is that the 2 Bananas acted like idiots and there was a Rat and Bears.

Some British member has to come in and sort this out for us.
I'll sort it out! I used to love this show! There were two bananas one named B1 and one named B2. Their best friends were three teddy bears. There was a one that loved to dance and is the most logical named Lulu a brown bear. Another boy bear named Morgan liked doing things carefully and loved playing with his zoo animals. The third was Amy who did things in a hurry which got her into trouble and is more likely to believe in the extrodinary creatures like farires than Lulu. Rat in the Hat worked in a store, and tricked them into buying things they didn't want such as tricking them into thinking the purple paint they bought was the yellow paint they wante.d The character's favorite food is Munchy Honey cakes, but they also love Yellow Jelly.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I thought this thing would go way. Honestly...I thought this thing would come and go with little or NO fanfare. But, I was wrong. I just saw a television ad for this film on NBC.

Seriously, if this movie even makes the top 4 at the box office, I will definately question our culture and society. :attitude:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seriously, if this movie even makes the top 4 at the box office, I will definately question our culture and society. :attitude:
That's what I said when I saw Friends with Benefits has an un-deserving three out of four star rating, AND spawned a TV series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought this thing would go way. Honestly...I thought this thing would come and go with little or NO fanfare. But, I was wrong. I just saw a television ad for this film on NBC.

Batman and Ice Age will see to that never happening. Hopefully Paranorman will too.

That's what I said when I saw Friends with Benefits has an un-deserving three out of four star rating, AND spawned a TV series.
Yeah, but FWB is supposed to be a turn on the romantic comedy, a terrible film genre in its own right. And yet, they continue to make Bridget Jones movies. That's undeserving.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Like Bob I saw the poster when I saw Brave as well. I pushed it and gave my own smart-aleck comments.
Poster-"This will be the most amazing movie ever!"
Me- (to poster) Yeah, and Cars 2 is Pixar's best work.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, the trailers are on TV now, and they look TERRIBLE! Seriously, it almost looks like somebody grabbed a video camera, and just started filming people dressed in humongous foam rubber costumes, dancing around with little kids in a park somewhere in Anytown, U.S.A.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I see tabletop ads in the Lenox Square food court. And every time I see Oogiloves publicity I get the feeling I'm watching a huge April Fool joke unfolding, because it's so hard to take it seriously. It honestly looks deliberately bad.

I can't wait to read the reviews after people see the thing. I won't be seeing it myself, not with this Ed Wood box set I just got.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, the trailers are on TV now, and they look TERRIBLE! Seriously, it almost looks like somebody grabbed a video camera, and just started filming people dressed in humongous foam rubber costumes, dancing around with little kids in a park somewhere in Anytown, U.S.A.

I was going to make a joke about the film's budget, not knowing it... I looked it up...

$12 Million. That is low rent! Indie films have at least double the budget, even if it's 2 guys sitting at a couch for 2 hours. And the budget includes marketing, and it looks like that's where all the money went. They're really ho-ing that movie out all over the place. The sad thing is, this movie will have to do REALLY poor not to make that budget back up. Especially since 12 mil is what a movie can make in a week or two, even if it's a flop.

robodog

Reaction score
I saw ads for this thing just the other day and figured it was just some direct to DVD thing at first. I was shocked when I realized this thing was going to theatres. The characters are horrifying. There's absolutely nothing appealing about them. I hope this thing doesn't take off. I'd hate to have to encounter merchandise at Toys R Us while I'm hunting for toy dogs for my collection.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was going to make a joke about the film's budget, not knowing it... I looked it up...

$12 Million. That is low rent! Indie films have at least double the budget, even if it's 2 guys sitting at a couch for 2 hours. And the budget includes marketing, and it looks like that's where all the money went. They're really ho-ing that movie out all over the place. The sad thing is, this movie will have to do REALLY poor not to make that budget back up. Especially since 12 mil is what a movie can make in a week or two, even if it's a flop.
And sad thing is more often than not, it's the low-to-no budget movies like these that end up becoming cult classics generations later.