Another TMS Outline--Special Guest Donald O'Connor

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST: DONALD O'CONNOR

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER: Scooter and Annie Sue sing "Sixteen Going On Seventeen".

Waldorf: "I remember when I was sixteen going on seventeen..."

Statler: "Ah yes...would that be when the wheel was invented or when fire was discovered?"

BACKSTAGE: Fozzie announces to Kermit that he's taking a new career turn--he's going to attempt to be a serious dramatic actor.

GUEST STAR: Donald O'Connor sings "Moses" with Kermit.

Waldorf: "Bravo! I loved it!"

Statler: "He would...he was there when Moses parted the Red Sea!"

Waldorf: "Statler, you are working my last nerve tonight."

(Boober pops up)

Boober: "MY NERVES! AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

(Statler and Waldorf exchange confused looks)

SKIT: "Veterinarian's Hospital"--Dr. Bob, Nurse Piggy, and Nurse Janice operate on Ferlinghetti Donizetti, who comes up with a clever rhyme and rap for every bad joke they tell.

BACKSTAGE: Fozzie tries to memorize a Shakespeare soliloquy but is failing miserably. Gonzo suggests he enhance his performance by reciting the soliloquy while attempting to shoe a horse.

UK SPOT: As Rowlf plays the piano, Gonzo sings "Poisoning Pigeons In The Park". At song's end, an enraged Bert storms the stage and orders his pigeons to go after Gonzo.

Statler: "Well, this is certainly different for Gonzo!"

Waldorf: "Yeah, he's usually hen-pecked!"

Both: "DOHHHHH, ho ho ho..."

SONG: The Electric Mayhem play and sing "Mama Told Me Not To Come"

SKIT: "Muppet Labs"--Dr. Bunsen Honeydew invents the Nerve-O-Matic 3000, which beeps every time the person attached to it gets nervous. However, he makes one fatal mistake--he has Boober as the first one to test it out. Naturally, the machine explodes due to a serious overload.

BACKSTAGE: After Bunsen and a smoldering Boober leave, Kermit laments to Donald O'Connor how everything's going wrong. Donald cheers Kermit up by singing "Put On A Happy Face" with him.

Bunsen: "I don't get it, Mr. Kermit. How did that experiment go wrong?"

Kermit: "Maybe you picked the wrong person...er, Fraggle to test it out on."

(a smoldering Boober walks past)

Bunsen: "How could ANYONE be so frightened that the Nerve-O-Matic 3000 would blow up?"

Boober: "MY NERVES!!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

Kermit: "Well...there's your answer..."

SKIT: Fozzie Bear attempts a Shakespearean soliloquy while shoeing Old Skyball Paint. Naturally he forgets his lines and the horse kicks him offstage.

Statler: "That's the best I've seen Fozzie in a long time!"

Waldorf: "Who knew that it took HORSE sense to improve his act?"

Both: "DOHHHH, ho ho ho..."

CLOSING NUMBER: Donald O'Connor and Fozzie (who announces he is returning to comedy) sing "Make 'Em Laugh" together.

CLOSING THEME

Waldorf: "Make 'em laugh?"

Statler: "Tough thing to do on this show!

Both: "DOHHHH, ho ho ho..."

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
UK SPOT: As Rowlf plays the piano, Gonzo sings "Poisoning Pigeons In The Park". At song's end, an enraged Bert storms the stage and orders his pigeons to go after Gonzo.
Yessss! Finally, one of my favorite comedy songs makes it to a TMS outline! Gonzo singing this is very appropriate, Matt! And I liked Bert coming after him at the end of the song, too.

Overall another really good outline! Good to see you didn't stay away from writing them too long, Matt.

-Kim