Another TMS Outline--Special Guest Paul McCartney

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST: PAUL McCARTNEY

OPENING THEME

Kermit announces that the theatre is being renovated as a result of Crazy Harry's pyrotechnics from the Billy Idol episode, but they're still going on with this week's show because they'd have to be insane to pass up on Paul McCartney.

Waldorf: "You don't have to explain anything!"

Statler: "We'd think you all were insane even if you DID pass up on Paul McCartney!"

OPENING NUMBER: Opening for Paul McCartney are the Beetles (remember them, Sesame Street fans?). They sing and play "Paperback Writer".

Waldorf: "That's a bad song to sing on this show."

Statler: "Yeah, because usually there's nothing to write home about!"

Both: "DOHHH, ho ho ho!"

BACKSTAGE: Biff and Sully, everyone's favorite Muppet construction workers, are busy renovating the Muppet Theatre...and getting in everyone's way in the process. Biff hits on Miss Piggy and gets a karate chop for his efforts, however Sully and Zoot seem to be getting along.

Zoot: "Huh?"

Sully: "........"

GUEST STAR: Paul McCartney sings "Live and Let Die" with the Electric Mayhem. Remnants of the stage that didn't get toppled from the Billy Idol episode fall down as the music gets faster and louder (think the end of the Dudley Moore episode).

BACKSTAGE: Kermit laments that the stage is falling apart and sends Biff and Sully to take care of it. Gonzo shows up, saying that this'll be perfect for his act!

SKIT: The Great Gonzo performs a liver transplant on himself while Biff and Sully rebuild the stage. Somehow he ends up with one of Biff's wrenches inside of him when all is said and done, but he doesn't care...he needs more metal in his diet anyway.

Waldorf: "What did you think of that, Statler?"

Statler: "Just leave it to Gonzo to throw a wrench into things!"

Both: "DOOOHHHH, ho ho ho..."

BACKSTAGE: Kermit and Paul talk, and Kermit is upset because everything is going wrong as usual. Paul tells him some of his stories from the road, and then segues into "Hey Jude". All the Muppets show up to listen, and join in at the end.

SKIT: "Veterinarian's Hospital". It's a nice quiet day at the hospital...especially because Dr. Bob, Nurse Piggy and Nurse Janice are operating on Sully.

UK SPOT: The Electric Mayhem play "Taxman".

DRESSING ROOM: Miss Piggy, convinced that Paul wrote "Maybe I'm Amazed" about her, gets him to sing it for her.

SONG: Biff and Sully, seeing a free moment onstage, take time to entertain. They play "Strawberry Fields Forever", Sully on piano and Biff on the hand saw. Kermit hears them and yells at them to get back to work. Biff claims they finished renovating the stage a while ago. Kermit looks at the stage and sees that they have...then after commending them on their job, a light fixture falls on Biff's head.

CLOSING NUMBER: Paul and the Muppets sing "All You Need Is Love".

CLOSING THEME

Waldorf: "You know, I once had my house renovated, but the end result wasn't pleasant."

Statler: "Why was that?"

Waldorf: "I forgot where I lived again...it wasn't my house."

Statler: "And he calls ME an old fool..."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
This is your best outline yet! The song selections, plot scenario, Muppet crossovers, and backstage antics were all just too hip for the room. The one point of interest, at least to me, that wasn't touched upon was perhaps the decision to have The Beetles sing an actual Beatles song instead of one of their own like the haunting classic "Letter B". But even in spite of this oversight, the episode was one of the greatest I've read in my half-year of membership here at muppetcentral.com. Just don't know how you're going to outdo yourself with the next one, much like Palisades' Muppets action figures.

pezbalubah

Reaction score
Oh man, I would love to see that done! the pairing of the Muppets and Paul McCartney would be amazing! The songs are perfect for them to sing with him. One of the muppets would have to sing the line "Judy, Judy, Judy, Judy, Judyyy!" Maybe Dr. Teeth... If the Fox show is gonna have guest stars, they need somebody legendary like Paul to star in the pilot.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
zoot and sully getting along cracked me up...

zoot: huh
sully: ......

ryan